CHAPTER 14

NORA'S POV

I always hated mornings but this morning is specifically the worst. My head is pounding so bad as if someone is hitting me with bricks. And my throat is so dry.

Fuck.I literally hate this feeling.

Then everything slowly and steadily came onto me. I had a drink but everything is blurry afterwards. I don't know what happened to me.

I close my eyes and take deep breaths.

Everything came suddenly. My breathing becomes unsteady and I start sweating. My heart is pumping so fast, I fear that it might pop out of my chest.

I try to calm myself. I rush towards the washroom and start puking.

O God!! O God!! I drank it.

The knock on the door sets me off.

"Nora?"

I hear the steps behind me.

"Fuck!"

He pats my back and ties my hair.

It is sweet but all I can think of what the hell was wrong with me? Or how I want to kill myself for it?

I am going to cry and I do not want him to see me.

"Leave me alone."

"No!"

I snicker.

"Just fucking leave me alone, alright."

He doesn't move.

I am still puking and he is still patting my back.

"Leave me alone."

"I am right outside."

He closes the door behind me.

I start brushing. I hate the taste of alcohol. I hate the taste of everything. I hate myself for literally enjoying that taste.

I stare at my reflection. I am so ashamed that I can't even look at myself.

I recall my ill-fated career, Papa's condition and every unpleasant thing that ever happened after that dreadful accident.

A tap on the door wakes me up from my misery.

"Nora? Babe!"

She hugs me and I flinch.

"I am sorry."

I feel bad that she has to apologise for comforting me with a hug.

"It's not your fault, alright. It's not your fucking fault. It can happen to anyone. We do accidentally drink alcoholic drinks. It's not your damn fault. Don't punish yourself for this."

I hug her and cry.

She just holds me tightly.

"Come on, let's take you outside."

We walk out of the washroom.

And then everything just blacks out.

*******************************************

"Is she alright? Why did she faint?"

Someone is whispering.

"It is due to stress. Make sure she doesn't take a lot of stress. And I recommend taking her for a health check just to make sure nothing is serious."

I hear someone sigh.

"Let her sleep it off."

*******************************************