CHAPTER 55

NORA'S POV

Betrayals are the worst. Especially from the ones you loved.

You trust them to hold you when you are near the sea but they push you to the open sea and then hold your head to drown you. You gasp for air, you fight to survive. Every second feels longer than a minute. You want to fight but the weight of the betrayal pulls you down, deep into the abyss of the ocean.

Every air you breathe is making you throat choke. You want to breathe but you can't cause your throat is filled with water and that's how I am feeling right now sitting in front of the one who betrayed me.

"Why?" My throat chokes and I suck at keeping a straight face.

"You destroyed my career." I frown in confusion.

What? I don't even remember her. What career is she speaking of? What things she was hiding from me?

"You don't even remember? You were a mean bitch to me."

My eyes are filled with tears of pain.

"When? Why? I minded my own business." I slam the table, the officer besides me puts his arm in front of me. I can hear Kai's voice fading in and out of the room. He is another room.

"You forced my own teammates to bully me. You made me hate the one thing I ever loved."

The allegations thrown at me just makes me want to cry. I was never mean to anyone.

"I had to leave the sport because of you. I hate you so much. I fucking hate you so much. I laughed when you had that accident and you lost your ability to cycle. That was the happiest day of my life since I left cycling."

Her lips form a smile. But her eyes, gosh, they are lifeless. I never seen her like that. Her eyes were full of life and happiness. What happened to her? Where did that girl disappeared?

My heart tears apart by her words. Every word stabs me in the heart and twists and tortures it. I don't even know if I can defend myself. Because there is no need of defending myself as I have done nothing wrong. I know it. My Papa never raised a Bitch, he raised a strong, independent woman.

I stand up from the chair. My feet gives up and wobbles. My fingers are trembling.

Keep your head up high. I try to speak but my throat chokes. My voice betrayes me too.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"I have never hurt anyone nor did I destroy someone's career. I would never do that. I am sorry that you lost your career. But you, deserve to rot in the jail for the harm you caused to the ones I care about because you believed some baseless things."

She screams and yells but my brain automatically tunes out and I slam the door behind me.

I walk out of the room and the station and get in the car.

What did I do? What the fuck did I do? I can't. I can't breathe. I can't think. I can't live. I am sinking deeper and deeper into that dark abyss of the sea.

I turn the engine on and just drive towards home.

When I reach home, I jump into the showers and slip into the dark thoughts.

KAI'S POV

When I walked out of the station, she wasn't there. The car wasn't there. She drove away and I am fucking worried. She didn't look like herself. She seemed broken. Her face color faded and her eyes were red and puffy.

I tried calling her but it goes straight to the voicemail.

The room mics were on and I heard everything. I was against her going there and facing her. She didn't deserve that bullshit of a friend. My girl was trying to be strong. She was but I noticed how her fingers trembled and feet gave up on her.

I take a cab and reach the apartment. I walk towards our room and her clothes are on the floor. Her phone is thrown on the bed. The room is in a mess. I hear the shower running. I knock the door but I don't hear her answer.

I open the door and see her staring at the wall. Just staring aimlessly. My heart breaks when I see her in this way. I walk towards her and she doesn't notice me. She just stares at the wall.

I turn off the shower. I take the towel from the towel stand and wipe her face. I wrap her body in the towel and then take another towel to wrap her hair. She doesn't move. She just stares at the wall.

"Come on, let's go outside. I will bake your favourite cheesecake for you." She doesn't move an inch.

I know she needs her own space. Her own space to deal with her thoughts and feelings but I want to stay right besides her to help her process her feelings. To be there for her whenever she needs a hug.

I step out of the washroom and remove her favourite black hoodie.

I take the hoodies and put it on her. I pick her up and place her on the bed. I dry her hair and leave the room. She needs her own space.

"Please, don't leave." A whisper echoes through the room. I turn around and see her staring at me. Her eyes have a dull colour and she seems so shaken up.

I walk towards her. I place her on my lap and she leans her head against my chest. I rub her back. I plant a kiss on top of her head.

"I would never ever leave you."

************************************
A/n : 5 more chapters and we will be saying goodbye to Kai and Nora.... It's a bittersweet moment. I know I am releasing a chapter again because I am going on my first office trip. I am so excited and nervous. Wish me luck guys.. I will be back soon with another chapter on Sunday. Not this Sunday but another Sunday.