CHAPTER 28

NORA'S POV

I press my hands to my cheeks and goddamn it!!! My cheeks are red and hot.

DAMN!!! I need to keep my emotions in check. One slip and everything is gonna spiral out of control.

I give myself a little pep talk, retouch my makeup and make sure that my hair is fine and not spiralling out of control like my emotions.

I take a deep breath, close my eyes to calm myself down.

You'll be fine.

I walk out of the washroom and see Kai leaning against the wall and browsing through his phone.

DAMN!!! There goes all my pep talk.

I spot a certain brunette peeping.

Sophia. She needs to stop with her activities. I know she is spying on us or she thinks she is. I roll my eyes and I smile at her foolishness and clumsiness.

I walk towards Kai. Now is the right time to pretend to be a real couple.

"You....." He stops speaking when he realises that I am too close to him.

I smirk.

I lean closer to him and there are only few inches away from his lips.

"Your stalker is peeping. So get it together." I whisper to him.

He leans closer.

I take in a breath.

His arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me together. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Like this?" His voice is all raspy and deep.

Dear Lord!!!

"Yeah. Surprisingly, you are doing a good job." My voice quivers but I recover swiftly.

"I learn from the best." He strokes my jaw and then his fingers curl around my throat. His hold is not tight but it's possessive.

I groan internally.

Control your emotions and horniness, Nora. This is not the time to be horny.

I chuckle.

He wraps his arm around my waist.

His gaze falls to my lips and mine do the same.

His hands fall from my waist and drops to my hips. He tightens his hold and tugs my lower body to his.

I gasp.

He is doing all this without breaking the eye-contact. His eyes doesn't leave mine. The intensity of the gaze is so intense that I am trying hard to not look away.

Our chests rises and falls with rapid breaths. I am breathing hard. I gulp.

I take a quick glance but she is standing there and looking directly at us.

"She is still there." I whisper to me.

"Then let's up our game." He whispers to my ear.