CHAPTER 29

NORA'S POV

(TW : Self-harm, thoughts of suicide.)

My phone vibrates with a text.

Ira
Heard that there is a storm brewing. May you get stuck with my brother and have a one bed trope. Amen.

My eyes widen at her text. We are still in the event as Kai is stuck with his boss and agent.

I am at the table assigned to us. Apparently, my ankle is acting up again. And to make matters worse, I wore heels. I am so stupid.

Nora
Stop dreaming. Why didn't you tell me that you were leaving? You left me alone.

I hear someone clearing their throat and I look up.

Nate.

"You alright?" He says it with a frown.

"Why wouldn't I? What made you think so?" My brows furrow in confusion.

"You aren't a fan of these events. In fact, you hate being in spotlight."

I sigh. Well, that's true. But things and people change.

"I am here to support my boyfriend." My tone is firm and full of confidence.

"Did he...force you?" He narrows his eyes at Kai who is busy discussing something with his agent.

"Nate, he didn't. I am here because I wanted to be here."

"Fine." He sighs defeatedly.

"You don't trust him." I let out a bitter laugh.

He doesn't say. And his silence says everything.

"You are hopeless, Nate." I clench my fist. He is never gonna change. He trusts someone who should never be trusted and has trust issues with the one who should be trusted.

"I am just looking out for you." He sighs.

"Don't give such lame excuses. I can take care of myself." My voice is low but one can tell that he got on my nerves.

"Is everything fine over here?" Kai looks at us in concern.

"No." I blurt out.

Kai's eyes widen in realisation.

"I am done. Let's go home."

Thank God!!

"Yeah, sure."

"Take care, Nora."

I smile and nod.

"Give my regards to Elena."

He nods. Kai and Nate nod at each other.

It's raining. No! That's an understatement. It's pouring. It's windy. Yeah! That's definitely a storm.

Ira jinxed it. She definitely jinxed it.