CHAPTER 34

NORA'S POV

I can't stop smiling. Every nerve in my body is lightened up with happiness. This is so odd.

The euphoric feelings makes me feel gleaming and glowing.

His jacket is wrapped around me and his hand in mine as we are walking down the street.

Yeah! We reach home. But we left the bike in the parking lot and decided to go for a walk.

So here we are.

My gaze snaps to the Ice-cream truck and I tug at his hand.

"Ice-cream!! I am craving ice-cream right now."

He sighs.

"Last time you had ice-cream you got sick." He pushes the strands of my hair away from my face. His eyes soften.

"I remember." I roll my eyes. I think it's best that I don't have it.

We reach home.

Ira and Eli are seated on the sofa playing UNO. They are into deep conversation which is surprisingly civil.

Kai nudges me.

"Are they high? Are we high? Why are they so quiet?"

His eyes are narrowed at them.

I chuckle and all of them look at me.

I cringe.

Damn!!!

"Nora? ¿Eres tú?" (Nora, is it you?)

I hear a familiar voice. My heart skips a beat.

"Nicolas, ¡¡qué sorpresa!! ¿Qué haces aquí?" (Nicolas, what a surprise!! What are doing here?)

He hugs me.

Kai doesn't let go of my hand even when I hug Niko.

"Just wanted to see you. It's been long."

I nod. I am smiling.

"Really long."

All three pairs of eyes are on Niko and me.

"Guys, that's Nicholas. My friend. Our families are really close to each other and we studied together."

Ira and Eli acknowledge Nicolas.

"Niko, that's Ira, Eli. And the one standing next to me is Kai. My boyfriend."

"So you are the one who stole my girl from me." I roll my eyes at his words.

"Niko!" My voice low in warning.

I see Kai's fists clenching and I wince.

"Stop teasing him, Niko."

"You are no fun, Nora." He tks.

Niko brings his palm to Kai's chest. I shake my head in disbelief.

This guy really wants to die.

"Get your hand off me." Kai grunts.

"Nicolas! Deja de burlarte de él. ¿Tienes ganas de morir?" (Nicolas, Stop teasing him. Do you have a death wish?)

Niko chuckles and Kai's expression goes darker every second.

I sigh.

"Es tan gruñón. Es divertido burlarse de él." (He is so grumpy. Makes it fun to tease him.)

"Alright, Enough. Niko." My tone is firm.

Niko steps back and lets out a laugh.

"Sorry, mate. It's fun to tease you. And also I swing in the same direction." He winks at him and then he casually strolls to my room.