The Union

"You were you,

And I was I;

we were two

before our time.

I was yours

before I knew,

And you have always been mine too."

-Lang Leav

The earlier part of the morning had passed by in a blur and before Jennie knew it she was already sitting in front of a large mirror getting her hair and makeup done while her bridesmaids were getting dressed and ready as well. They were in a large room within the large mansion they were staying at.

The room scattered with white roses all around. Jennie could hear the excited chattering of her bridesmaids all blurred in the background and the sound of her stylists bustling beside her. She could smell her own Chanel perfume wafting around the area as she took a deep breath for the nth time that day.

The CEO stared at her reflection in the mirror and smiled. This was the day she has dreamed of. The day she never thought would ever come to fruition. It was beyond her wildest wishes. To be married to Park Chaeyoung was almost impossible to her before but now it has become her reality. For the first time in a long time, her reality was much better than her dreams.

A loud knocking on the door pulled her out of her thoughts. She turned her head to the side to watch Irene open the door for a vibrating Lisa who popped her head inside with a wide excited smile. Jennie watched as Lisa hugged Irene in greeting and said hello to the other bridesmaids before the Thai woman made her way to her.

That was when she noticed Lisa was carrying what looks to be a medium sized baby pink velvet box and a baby pink envelope in her hands.

"Delivery for the Bride!"

Jennie chuckled as she rose from her seat to give Lisa a tight hug before accepting the gifts.

"Thanks Lisa. How did Chae even have the time to buy me a gift."

The Thai woman only shrugged and gestured excitedly for Jennie to open the box.

"So as per the Chipmunk's instructions, you should open the box first and the letter second."

As an obedient fiance and wife-to-be, she nodded and placed the letter on her table, too nervous to speak as her bridesmaids all circled around them to watch and see what gift the box held inside.

Jennie untied the white ribbon around the box and gently lifted the top. She smiled widely showing her gummy teeth as she saw what was hidden inside. It was a gold necklace. Strikingly similar to the old gift she gave Chaeyoung years ago back when they were younger. It also had a rose pendant but instead of a little letter C pendant it was now a little pendant with the letter J on it.

She heard a chorus of "Aww" around her as she took the necklace out to closely look at it.

Jennie placed the necklace back into the box and placed the box onto the table. Now picking up the baby pink envelope, she opened it up gently making sure not to rip anything as she took out the letter inside.

My Wifey,

Do you remember? This is the day that we've always dreamt of when we were younger. The dream wedding we always talked about is finally here. I can't wait to meet you at the end of the aisle.