Insecurities

CHAPTER 14

Apparently Jennie had already met Irene prior to her starting day at work. Jennie personally interviewed the girl to see if she was qualified for the position considering the high stakes that it included. So the following morning, Jennie held Chaeyoung's hand and led her to their office on the 8th floor since it was an hour before class started and the older girl suggested that Chaeyoung stay with her before class.

On the elevator ride up, Jennie had a small smile on her lips and her thumb caressed the skin of Chaeyoung's hand that was clasped in hers. Ever since Chaeyoung started living and sleeping beside her, she's been sleeping more peacefully. Her focus and determination during work has been on an all time high and uninterrupted since she's been having quality sleep and rest as well as healthy meals on a regular basis. Not to mention she's been rebuilding and rekindling her relationship with the blonde and it has significantly boosted her mood and disposition.

Chaeyoung couldn't help but stare at the girl beside her. She's been noticing that Jennie really doesn't take care of herself well and she's glad that now that she's living with the older girl, she could at least monitor her and her health. She didn't want a repeat of the other day when Jennie forgot to eat for the whole day because of work. Heaven knows how many meals and slumber the older girl has skipped within the 4 years that they've drifted apart.

Chaeyoung stared at Jennie's under eyes. It didn't have pronounced dark circles like before. She's relieved to know that the older girl has been having a regular amount of deep sleep every night. She made a mental note to ask the older girl what helps her sleep well at night so she could provide the older girl with what she needs.

 She made a mental note to ask the older girl what helps her sleep well at night so she could provide the older girl with what she needs

The elevator stopped on the 8th floor and opened to reveal a very beautiful lady with jet black hair. She was wearing natural make-up that didn't look too heavy on her face. Her skin was white as snow that it could rival Chaeyoung's perfect skin. Her eyebrows were done perfectly and she had red lipstick on. Her cheekbones and jaw were pronounced and sharp so she looked somewhat intimidating.

She had on a form fitting black dress and on her arm hung her blue Prada bag that she hasn't set down due to the clutter on the desk that she is currently trying to tame. She was too preoccupied to notice the pair stepping out of the elevator.

Jennie led the way to the front desk and her heels clicked as she did so, causing Irene to lift her head and stare at the CEO. Bowing towards Jennie she gave the girl a smile and greeted her "Good morning Miss Kim."

Irene focused her gaze solely on Jennie like no one else was in the lobby with them while Chaeyoung waited for the girl to greet her. A few seconds passed and Irene still hasn't dropped her gaze towards Jennie and Chaeyoung cleared her throat to make her presence known.

"Good Morning Miss uhm?" Irene furrowed her brow in confusion. She really did not recognize who Chaeyoung is.

Has she been living under a rock?