Lunch

CHAPTER 7

It was a slightly chilly Saturday since it was February, 6 months before her marriage to Chaeyoung. Jennie woke up and stared at the ceiling for a moment mentally preparing herself for today's family lunch with the Parks. It's not a new thing since they do this at least twice a month but this time it's all so new to Jennie. She's going to have lunch with her fiancé's parents. Even just the word fiancé makes her feel like there's butterflies in her belly. She doesn't even understand why she's nervous, they basically chose her to marry their only daughter. Groaning, Jennie stood up and went straight to her bathroom, deciding to prepare herself for today's activities since she's too nervous to eat breakfast.

She didn't want to seem like she's dressing to impress but she didn't want to dress down like she usually does either. So she chose to wear something casual but not making her look like a bum.

                Lounging in her living room while waiting for her parents to pick her up so they could just go to the Park's together, Jennie checked all her emails and messages to see if there were important matters she should attend to

Lounging in her living room while waiting for her parents to pick her up so they could just go to the Park's together, Jennie checked all her emails and messages to see if there were important matters she should attend to. Opening a message from Jisoo she quickly sent the older woman apologies for falling asleep on her last night since she called her telling her all about the crazy events that transpired a day ago.

"Jennie Kim, just when I thought your life couldn't get more K-drama-like, here you are getting arranged married to the love of your life!"

"Unnie this is serious! How will I tell her that I really do love her without it seeming like I'm doing it because we're getting married?!"

"Hmm you know I think I need to watch more kdramas let's see what they do since you're basically in one."

This was what their conversation the night before mostly consisted of. Jennie was grateful for her Unnie for at least trying to calm her nerves down about the whole situation even if she did just mostly got teased, she did help a lot to lighten the mood. During the time when Jennie and Chaeyoung drifted apart, Jennie spent a lot of time with Jisoo in regards to business matters. Running a university for elite students wasn't a one woman job. That's how they started getting closer.

They began being personally close when Jisoo caught Jennie almost ripping a pile of student's exam papers in her hands when Jennie caught sight of Chaeyoung getting a piggyback ride from Lisa back when the younger girl was a Sophomore because apparently Lisa lost a bet in archery so she had to carry Chaeyoung to her class the whole day. "If you grip those papers harder you might rip them in half. I don't know how you'll explain ripped exam papers to the teens when you give them back" So for the whole day while Lisa was busy carrying Chaeyoung, everyone in the university was busy steering of Jennie's rage. That night, Chaeyoung sent Jennie a text asking her what was troubling her since she noticed the older girl being more stressed and angry than usual.

Hearing a loud honk outside her house, Jennie then gathered her things and walked out of her house. You've been to a lot of important lunch meetings. You can do this. It's just your fiancé's parents and your fiancé who doesn't have a clue that you've loved her since she was a child. No big deal. Sure. Who the hell was she kidding?

Walking towards her parent's Mercedes-Benz Maybach Exelero, she opened the back seat and placed her Chanel bag beside her. Jennie then leaned towards the front seat and gave her parent's a kiss on their cheeks to greet them.

She leaned back and asked her father, "Appa would you like for me to drive?" Looking into her father's eyes through the rear view mirror. "It's alright sweetheart, let me drive my baby girl while I can hmm?" Her father gave her a gentle smile.

The car ride was calming for Jennie, they talked about mundane things and laughed at her father's bad jokes. She couldn't help but hope that when she and Chaeyoung grow old together that they'd be as in love as her parents are right now. She just needed to find the courage to tell the girl.

Arriving at the Park's, Jennie took a deep breath and exited the vehicle. Immediately hooking her arm through her father's and following her mother who went ahead and met the Mr. and Mrs. Park at their front doorstep.

Chaeyoung's parents waited for Jennie to get closer to them, both of them sending Jennie smiles of adoration for the girl. Jennie stopped in front of them and bowed in respect. "Good morning uncle and auntie"

"Oh Jennie dear such as polite as ever. No need to be shy all of a sudden, come here and give us a hug, sweetheart" Before Jennie could step forward, Mrs. Park engulfed her in a warm hug and stroked her hair. She then pulled away and cupped Jennie's cheeks, "Oh sweetie look at you! I couldn't think of a better match for our Chaeyoung"

"Can I get a hug from my daughter-in-law too?" Looking over Mrs. Park's shoulder, Jennie saw Mr. Park with his arms open waiting for Jennie to give him his "mandatory hug" as he called it back when she was a little girl.

He then wrapped her in a loving hug as well and ruffled her hair a bit "Let's go inside and wait for Chaeyoung to finish getting ready shall we? As usual that daughter of mine woke up late" he said with a light chuckle as he ushered everyone to the dining table.

It was the same arrangement every time. Jennie's mother would sit at the end of the table while Chaeyoung's mother would sit on the other end. Leaving both of their father's to sit next to each other, leaving both of the girls to sit side by side on the other side of the table. Both women claiming that "women run the Park and Kim families". Both men wouldn't protest to this since it was really true.

Meanwhile upstairs, Chaeyoung woke up 20 minutes before the Kim's would arrive causing her to rush through her morning routine. She didn't have any time to prepare herself to look decent for her future in-laws and that just freaked her out to no end. Running around her room trying to make herself look decent. She grabbed a simple white NASA shirt, loose jeans and one of Jennie's black long coat which she most probably didn't return to the girl from years before.

She didn't have time to spare a glance at herself in the mirror and inspected her outfit. But similar to Jennie, she didn't really want to seem like she over prepared for this family lunch since they've been having these regularly for years but she wanted to look decent.

 But similar to Jennie, she didn't really want to seem like she over prepared for this family lunch since they've been having these regularly for years but she wanted to look decent

Hearing footsteps, Jennie and the parents watched as Chaeyoung rush down the stairs. Jennie unabashedly inspected what the younger girl was wearing and she smiled softly to herself when she noticed that she was wearing her coat and her NASA shirt. Chaeyoung really did steal a lot of Jennie's clothes, not that she minded, the younger girl even forgetting that some were Jennie's and were stolen she'd claim that she owned them but in reality Jennie would just let the girl keep them anyway. Jennie had secretly loved when Chaeyoung wore her clothes inside and outside her house.

Greeting Jennie's parents the same way Jennie greeted hers. Chaeyoung found herself being cradled in Mrs. Kim's arms. The younger girl sighing in relief she hugged the older woman back and blushed heavily when Mrs. Kim said "Oh darling did you sleep late last night? Have you been eating well? Oh don't you worry dear, my Jennie's going to make sure you watch your health from now on!"

Oh it's gonna be a long lunch.