Enigma

CHAPTER 20

Jennie Kim was an enigma to everyone. She wasn't an open book per se. But not for Park Chaeyoung. She knew the girl like the back of her hand. So when Jennie kept fiddling with her fingers while they were lounging in bed that evening, Chaeyoung knew there was something running through the girl's mind.

"You're acting like me." The younger girl whispered while she leant comfortably against their headboard to mirror her fiancé's position. Jennie was snapped out of her inner turmoil and she turned her head to look at Chaeyoung. "What do you mean?"

"Something's on your mind and I wish I could read what you're thinking right now."

Jennie smiled at the younger girl. She always knew Jennie better than anyone else. Even better than myself sometimes. "Now you sound like me, Chae" The blonde rolled her eyes playfully and looked at Jennie seriously. "Tell me what's bothering you, Jendeukie."

Jennie's heart fluttered. Her fiancé was such a caring person. She really did put others first before herself and she admired that about the girl. She's too good for this world and sometimes Jennie just wanted to shield her from all the toxicity in their lives.

"I don't know I just have a lot on my mind. I know we haven't talked about it but I-I just wanted to say that I've been loving you ever since I could remember. There isn't a memory of me not having feelings for you and all I know and all I've ever known is that my heart was and will always yours, Park Chaeyoung. That's the only truth I've ever known. I don't want you to think that I'm suddenly in love with you just because our parents set us up for marriage. I just wanted to make it clear. It's been bothering me ever since."

Chaeyoung could hear her heart pounding against her chest. She knew Jennie had a way with words and was always so eloquent but she hasn't seen nor heard Jennie confess her emotions to anyone before. Jennie wasn't the type to show anyone her emotions so being at the receiving end of the CEO's confession made Chaeyoung's heart dance in glee. Before the blonde could respond, Jennie cut her off gently.

"I don't think I'll ever want to know how it feels to not have my heart beat for you either" The older girl whispered ever so gently. It was so delicate, how Jennie delivered it, like a secret that she was holding for decades.

How could you be so smooth and endearing at the same time, Jendeukie? Chaeyoung thought to herself. She was sure her heart was going to explode any moment from now and she was trying to calm her heart before she speaks. Chaeyoung looked at her love in pure adoration, holding the older girl's loving gaze in her own and savouring the moment. She bit her bottom lip and felt her cheeks blush uncontrollably.

"Then don't. Because I don't want to know how it feels either." Chaeyoung scooted closer to Jennie till their shoulders were bumping against each other. The younger girl then gently placed her head on Jennie's shoulder and intertwined their fingers.

Jennie placed a loving kiss on the crown of Chaeyoung's head and leant her head on top of the blonde's. It was another serene night and the two were mentally preparing themselves for another Monday tomorrow. "I love you too by the way. In case you were wondering."

Jennie giggled and squeezed the girl's hand. She raised her brow in mischief and sat up straight causing the younger girl to copy her position, her head facing the older girl and leaning her back against the headboard again.

Jennie had a sly smirk on her face and an evil glint in her eyes. "You know I've discovered something else that I love about you." Jennie looked at the younger girl with her smouldering cat-like eyes and the younger girl couldn't believe that this girl was the same girl who was laying her heart out to her just seconds ago. How is it that this second Jennie could make her heart flutter and then the next second make her body heat up? Jennie was going to be the death of her.