Coming Home

CHAPTER 36

Months flew by in a flash and it was August 14, a day before they would fly to Queenstown New Zealand for the wedding. To say that Jennie was a blubbering jittery mess was the understatement of the century. She was far worse than what Jisoo and Irene expected. The girl would practically squeal one second and then sob after a while and they were contemplating if she had actually lost her mind. Of course it was a complete delight to them when they witness Jennie's usually cold persona crumble at the thought of their wedding. It came to a point that Jennie would just randomly stop walking or doing whatever it is she was doing and just stare into space for a little while. Chaeyoung handled it rather gracefully as the girl just kept getting giddier and giddier by the day. She was doing well even though she was mostly the point person for the wedding preparations.

On a calm morning of August 14th, Jennie Kim was pacing back and forth in her office like an imbecile as Irene and Jisoo stood leaning against the CEO's open double doors watching in amusement as she mumbled her vows making sure she didn't sound stupid. Jisoo pulled out her phone from her pocket and started recording the girl on video while stifling her laugh, it would make as a good video to show when she has to give her best woman speech in a couple of days. Irene just raised a perfectly sculpted eyebrow at the sight of her boss having a mental breakdown. In the middle of her pacing, Jennie suddenly just stopped and stared into oblivion, she stopped talking and her eyes were doe eyed as she stared into space. Simultaneously, Irene and Jisoo comically looked at each other then back at Jennie who was still staring into space, wondering what the hell was actually happening. A few moments of silence and they heard Jennie whisper to no one in particular.

"Holy shit I'm getting married to Park Chaeyoung."

Jisoo snickered as Irene face palmed beside her. The eldest of them all just walked in front of Jennie and placed a comforting hand on the CEO's shoulder squeezing gently in hopes of snapping her friend out of her haze. "Yes you are. Now go sit on your desk chair and read the reports we sent you before Chaeyoung regrets marrying a bankrupt CEO, yeah?" As if on autopilot, Jennie just gave an obedient nod and sat on her chair like she was told.

Chaeyoung was grinning like a mad woman while sitting with her friends at lunch period and everyone was sharing the same sentiments with the girl as they all were really giddy about the upcoming wedding. Beside her, Joy had her chin resting on her palm as she daydreamed to herself. "Oh I can just imagine it right now. Getting married on one of the cliffs of New Zealand with the wind blowing in your hair and the smell of nature in your nose with nothing but mountains and trees surrounding you. Do you guys think I could actually find my match there too?"

Lisa was staring incredulously at the girl. "I can't believe you went from daydreaming about Chaeyoung's wedding to daydreaming about your own non-existent love life. Also, no I don't think you'd be able to find someone there because of that narcissistically large head of yours." Chaos ensues as they start flinging crumpled paper at each other across the table. Jihyo, who was leaning her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder just let it happen. She was too tired at scolding her children today. More like she was too busy staring dreamily at Dahyun practically inhale the sundubu-jjigae in front of her. She felt Chaeyoung intertwine their fingers under the table and the blonde girl whispered to her making sure no one else heard them. "Unnie, when I throw my bouquet, I really want you to be the one to catch it." Jihyo lifted her head and kissed Chaeyoung's temple lovingly. The cousins' sweet moment was interrupted by a coughing Dahyun in front of them as the pale girl swallowed too much food more than her throat's capacity. Lisa, who was now watching all of this unfold just wiggled her eyebrows at Jihyo. "Unlike Joy here, I think you have a pretty high chance of finding your partner there, Jihyo Unnie."

Later that evening, Jennie and Chaeyoung were now packing their luggage since the flight was scheduled early tomorrow morning. Their gowns will be personally flown there by Vera Wang who will also attend their wedding. Wedding of the decade, they called it on the daily news and was plastered on social media and the newspaper, but really to Jennie it was the Wedding of a lifetime. For a change, Chaeyoung acted as the big spoon as she gathered her nervous fiancé in her arms that night and sang the girl to sleep. Looking at Jennie peacefully sleeping in her arms just made her want to sob in pure adoration. God I can't wait to marry you.