Mourn

CHAPTER 26

Jennie ran out of the restroom in search for her fiancé. She was desperate. She needed to see Chaeyoung. She needed the girl to understand that she didn't kiss Nayeon voluntarily. Jennie saw Irene with a concerned look on her face and she immediately knew that Irene saw Chaeyoung. She quickly approached the girl with a panicked disposition. "Where is she?" Irene could see the desperation in Jennie's eyes and she immediately took pity on the girl. "Jisoo drove her home. She was trying hard not to cause a scene."

Jennie was holding back a sob and she could feel her tears threatening to fall again. She hurried out of the room not caring about the confused gazes of the people she passed. She couldn't lose the girl. Not now that they've finally gotten together.

On the way home, Jennie was sitting at the back of the van alone. She was staring into space. She can't believe that the relationship she's dreamed of since she was a child was ripped away from her in a split second. She felt pain. That's all she felt. Pain. She hurt her. Not on purpose. But she still hurt her. Arriving inside their home, Jennie saw Jisoo's car parked in front of their house and the CEO immediately stepped out of the van towards Jisoo who was leaning against her car obviously waiting for the younger girl to arrive.

As soon as Jisoo saw Jennie approach her, the older girl stood straight and crossed her arm in front of her. She knew Jennie wasn't a cheater and she couldn't believe it when Chaeyoung managed to tell her that Jennie was kissing Nayeon but she still needed answers especially when she saw a broken Chaeyoung sobbing in front of her. Nobody on this planet would want Park Chaeyoung to cry and she can't believe that her best friend out of all the people made the blonde girl sob in pure agony.

"Why shouldn't I kill you right now, Kim Jennie?"

Jennie looked so distraught. Her mascara was a mess and her lips were trembling. She was desperate. "I promise you I didn't kiss Nayeon. She kissed me. Please you have to believe me. She wanted me to have sex with her and Momo and she just basically pushed herself onto me. Please. I'm not a cheater. I would never want to hurt Chaeyoung." Jennie just let it all out and the girl full on sobbed in front of Jisoo. The older girl got worried since she has never seen Jennie Kim cry in the years that they've been friends. Jennie was gripping her chest in agony and sobbing loudly. Her legs were about to give out and she could feel herself trembling. Jisoo's features softened and she gathered the sobbing girl in her arms.

"I believe you. Jennie in this situation, whether you kissed Nayeon voluntarily or not. The fact that someone kissed you aside from Chaeyoung and she actually saw it with her own eyes still isn't good. All you can do right now is talk it out with her in hopes of salvaging your relationship. I need you to go in there, freshen up, shower, drink or eat and then have a conversation with Chaeyoung. I already made her change and shower. I basically forced the girl to eat a little too."

Jennie was trembling in Jisoo's arms and she nodded against the girl's chest. She was exhausted. "T-thank you" Jisoo ushered the distraught girl inside her home before leaving the two to have some privacy.

Jennie followed Jisoo's instructions and headed to the guest bedroom beside the master bed room where she could hear Chaeyoung sobbing. Her heart longed for the girl but right now she knew it was best to let her cool off as well. She showered and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a loose shirt before going to the kitchen and gulping a glass of cold water. She was sitting alone at the island counter and recalled all the things that happened in the past 3 hours. It was midnight now and she couldn't quite fathom how just in the past 180 minutes her relationship hit rock bottom.

When she finally felt herself calm down quite a bit just enough to keep herself from sobbing she headed to their bedroom and pressed her ear at the door. She couldn't hear Chaeyoung sobbing so she assumed the girl has ran out of tears or has passed out crying. Either way she felt her heart ache knowing that the blonde was in pain because of her. Jennie gently entered the room and saw that only Chaeyoung's night lamp was providing some light. She saw Chaeyoung sitting on their bed with her back leaning against the headboard. Despite the room being dim, she could clearly see the blonde's eyes were swollen from crying and her eyes were downcast seemingly staring at her lap in a daze.