Lumiere

CHAPTER 35

She didn't trust herself to speak. Really, no one did at this moment. They were just chatting against Chaeyoung's locker when suddenly the elevator opened up revealing the campus' new couple. They, as in Jihyo, Dahyun, Yeri, Mina, Lisa, Joy and Chaeyoung. They couldn't take their eyes off the way the couple intertwined their fingers and their usually cold Maknae smiling like a love sick idiot. Beside her was the campus' new fascination that swept everyone off their feet the moment she enrolled late in the semester, Minatozaki Sana. Chou Tzuyu was one of the prettiest faces in campus and for her to be dating Sana, well let's just say that the students haven't even begun getting used to Jennie and Chaeyoung walking around and now they have to deal with another hot as fuck couple.

They saw a small girl, probably a sophomore, raise her DSLR and snap a picture of the couple. Chaeyoung thought she might be one of the journalists for the school's blog and newspaper. The campus being littered with famous people left and right was a great pool of gossip and news worthy issues. So whenever there's a big news or something interesting happening, there sure will be an article or blog entry about it a couple of hours after it happens. Chaeyoung remembered when they just announced her engagement with Jennie, the school newspaper and blog was plastered with her and Jennie's faces for a solid month.

The couple stood in front of them as Tzuyu officially introduced Sana as her girlfriend. Jihyo almost sobbed beside her as Lisa and Joy clapped like seals. Mina, who was a good friend of Sana, the two being childhood friends from Japan, reached out and gave the girl a quick side hug before resuming her place beside Dahyun. "Took you long enough, Sana-chan."

Then came lunch time, the group was sitting in their usual table all of them chatting up Sana who has now officially joined their circle of friends. Not just because she was dating their baby maknae but because the girl actually fit in well. She's been interacting a lot with Dahyun, Mina and Jihyo for the past weeks as well and they hit it off great. Chaeyoung watched in amusement as Jihyo, who was almost in real tears, wiped off an imaginary tear from her eye with a hand above her heart as she stared at Tzuyu and Sana in front of her. "Oh my baby is all grown up! I don't know what to do with myself" which then caused Mina to snicker and throw a plastic cup towards their eldest. "Since your child has now officially grown up maybe you should follow her example and do something about that crush of yours." Dahyun who was fully immersed in swallowing her jokbal suddenly became curious about the topic at hand so mid chew she just gazed towards a blushing Jihyo while the whole table snickered at her.

It was a rainy day, far more heavier than usual. A storm was probably passing by and it didn't seem to be stopping any time soon. The students were all wearing layers of clothing to shield themselves from the cold and Chaeyoung was no exception. She had one of Jennie's Chanel coats all through-out the day.

To say that Chaeyoung was a jumpy person was an understatement.

Someone could just slam their locker shut and the girl would've jumped in place. So when Jennie and Chaeyoung arrived home, the older girl ordered her fiancé to go shower and change into something comfy and warm while she cooks them dinner. Jennie watches as her blonde baby scampers towards their room and she just laughs at how adorable she was being. Dinner was long gone and well devoured by the two and Chaeyoung thanked her lucky stars yet again for giving her a fiancé that could actually cook and not burn the house down. They were now currently sat in bed with Chaeyoung burying her head into the warmth of Jennie's hoodie while keeping her fiancé in place by putting all her weight on the older girl. Jennie didn't mind as she wrapped her arms around a shaking chipmunk and tried to soothe the girl by whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

"I don't understand how you love the lighting so much"

Jennie would've replied with a sassy remark that she couldn't hear her due to the girl getting muffled by her hoodie but she refrained to do so when she felt the girl yelp against her as another lighting strike caused their walls and roof to seemingly vibrate on impact. She watched as her fiance's grip on her tightened and she felt concerned for the girl as she was genuinely scared.