Annual Gala

CHAPTER 25

The day of the Gala has finally arrived much to Jennie's dismay. Everyone who was anyone was busy preparing for the evening. Jennie and Chaeyoung had their make-up artists and glam team in their home since they wanted to prep in a comfortable environment. They were situated in the huge living room and both girls were in front of their own vanity mirrors getting their hair and make-up done. It was 4 in the afternoon and the Gala started at 8 in the evening. So the couple sat there with multiple people buzzing around them. Chaeyoung had one person do her manicure and one doing her pedicure and Jennie was sitting beside her doing the same thing.

They made sure to do their make-up last so that they can eat a quick meal before they were glammed up. There would be food there of course but not the meal kind since they would all be standing up and roaming around to chat with one another. If the couple was going to be subjected to a night of stuck up business moguls trying to intimidate or suck up to them then they might as well be full while doing so.

Since it was a formal gathering, they would all be in dresses and suits. Of course as the younger generation, the couple made sure to be highly fashionable since they were both known in the Entertainment Business as well. The old business moguls can go stick with their plain business outfits.

Jennie reached out and held her hand out for Chaeyoung to hold and of course the complied letting their hands dangle in between their seats as their hair dressers started working on them. The couple was silent as they let the team glam them into perfection. It was the night where Jennie Kim will be walking beside her fiancé after all and they will not be any less than perfect.

The couple decided to wear matching outfits and it was 7 in the evening when they were both done and dazzled up. On the way to the Gala, Jennie couldn't help but feel nervous. She was on the phone with Jisoo while Chaeyoung was busy chatting her friends telling them that they were on the way.

"Unnie I would really love it if you stick by us this evening because god knows I can't control my mouth!"

"I will don't worry. I know how those old hags like to insult the newcomers just because they think we can't handle what they've been doing 'for years' and also Irene is going to be there so if worse comes to worse we can all just drag you out when we see you fuming in anger."

Jennie sighed in relief. Usually she wouldn't be talking to so much people at the Gala since her parents did that for them but now that their parents weren't going then she would be subject to all the business talks and fake pleasantries.

The van stopped in front of the building that will be holding the Annual Gala. Jennie exited the van first and held Chaeyoung's hand to help the girl out of the vehicle. Such a gentlewoman. Chaeyoung smiled at her fiancé and together they entered the huge building and rode the elevator to the top most floor. Once the doors opened they saw dozens of photographers from different news teams and magazines all waiting for their arrival. As per usual there was a huge media wall and a red carpet for them to walk on. The media wall was separated from the photographers and Jennie gently guided the blonde towards it. She placed her hand on Chaeyoung's lower back as they posed in front of the media wall. Only the clicks and snaps from the cameras were heard and of course the chatters of the photographers as they called the couple to turn their gaze towards them.