Solo Stage Preparations

CHAPTER 32

It's been a few days of bliss as everything seemed to be going smoothly for the couple and Jennie woke up during a peaceful Saturday morning with her phone blaring beside her. She picked it up and noticed a slowly waking Chaeyoung beside her. Jennie placed a gentle kiss on the girl's forehead and answered her phone.

"Jisoo Unnie good morning"

She could hear her Unnie scoff at the other end of the line and could hear a chuckle that no doubt belongs to Irene in the background.

"Yah I've been sitting in my car for the past 30 minutes waiting for you to wake up. Don't you remember what today is you pabo?!"

Jennie looked at her clock and noticed that it wasn't an early morning after all. It was almost lunch time and she promised her Unnies to take them out for lunch before going to their appointment for the day. She immediately apologized and zoomed her way into the bathroom to get showered and dressed leaving a very amused Chaeyoung in bed laughing at her for waking up late. Chaeyoung couldn't blame Jennie for waking up late anyway since she was partly at fault for that by making the CEO sleep late because of their activities. Chaeyoung sat up in bed and checked her phone as she saw their group chat flooded with messages as usual. Jennie told her that she would be spending the Saturday with her Unnies so Chaeyoung informed her friends that she was available to go hang out at Yeri's house and critique each other's outfits for the upcoming event at school. A few moments later she was kissed on the lips by a rattled Jennie as she bid her fiancé farewell and watched the girl run towards the gate where Jisoo parked outside.

Jennie slid in the back seat of Jisoo's car as she greeted her Unnies sheepishly. "Finally, I'm starving." Jisoo grinned as she drove towards Wendy's restaurant again so that the trio can fill their bellies. "Tomorrow's the University's Solo Stage Event for the students and I am so excited. We have promising talents. So the schedule goes like this. In the morning it will be the freshmen. The early afternoon will be allotted for the sophomores and depending on what time they'll end up until 10 in the evening will be for the Juniors and Seniors." Jisoo said as she stuffed more Kimchi in her mouth. "Do you know what Chaeyoung will be performing?" Irene turned to Jennie who was nervously playing with her food. Jennie looked up from her food and shook her head with a worried smile. "No she refused to tell me what she's singing. She wouldn't even show me her outfit." Jisoo saw the worry in Jennie's features and she reached out to pat the girl's cheek. "Don't worry. I'm sure the appointment later will go well. Besides, you spent a whole lot of money for it and I'm sure she'll love whatever you prepared. Arrasso?" Jennie took a deep breath and began eating her food well as they caught up with her Unnies.

Jennie found herself inside the most famous jewelry shop in Korea. Her parents have been friends with the owner ever since they were new to the business so of course Jennie would trust them with this important occasion. The young CEO was basically shaking on her spot as Jisoo and Irene amusedly looked at the girl beside them. "It's going to be perfect Jennie" Irene smiled as she held on to the younger girl's arm in comfort. The secretary began looking at the display of expensive jewelry on display as they waited. Jisoo rubbed the girl's shoulders as they stood waiting in front of one of the many display counters around the room. Jennie was wringing her hands as she waited for Mr Im to fetch the ring he has custom made for Chaeyoung. It took them a few weeks to custom make it due to its materials that had to be shipped from different countries and of course Jennie had to find a way to get Chaeyoung's ring size without being obvious. She successfully did so with the help of Jisoo and Lisa. Yes she was partly playing matchmaker but she just saw it as hitting two birds with one stone. Get them to communicate and at the same time get Chaeyoung's ring size in the process. "I'm sure Lisa got the right ring size. She told me so as well." Jisoo smiled gently at the CEO and this made her breathe deeply in relief. "I'm sorry Unnies I'm just really nervous."