I was made for loving you

CHAPTER 33

Here it is.

She took a deep breath and smiled to herself. This is what she was born to do. Sing. She looked at the crystal studded microphone in her hand as she heard the cheers of the students from the other side of the red curtains. People were running around behind her and she could hear hurried footsteps but everything seemed to blur out. Everything seemed to be slowed down as she took her last deep breath. She heard the floor director shout at everyone to leave the stage as the crowd roared in applause. She was blinded by the sudden spot light as she saw the dim concert hall of the University. She could see the students hold out glow sticks that made the crowd look like a sea of stars and she smiled to herself. The piano started playing and she closed her eyes to soak in the melody. Slowly, she lifted the microphone to her lips and she sang.

No matter what happens
Even when the sky is falling down
I'll promise you
That I'll never let you go

You, When I fell
you held me back up with an unfaltering gaze

And You, through those sad times
held my hands till the end of the world

Chaeyoung opened her eyes and searched the sea of stars for her. She smiled as she found her fiancé on the front seats smiling at her with tears in her eyes. Throughout the song her eyes never left Jennie's.

I might be a shabby person who has never done anything for you
But today, I am singing this song just for you
Tonight, within those two eyes
and smile I can see the pains from protecting me
You and I together. It's just feels so right
Even though i bid you goodbye, to me this world is just you
You and I together, don't ever let go of my hands
even though i bid you goodbye, to me this world is just you

I close my eyes lightly whenever I feel lonely again
I no longer fear when your breath holds me
No one in the world can replace you
You are the only one in I'll be there for you baby

You and I together, It's just feels so right
Even though i bid you goodbye, to me this world is just you
You and I together, don't ever let go my hands
even though i bid you goodbye, to me this world is just you

Just you and I
Forever and ever

The last note of the piano key resounded and the crowd roared in cheers but all Chaeyoung could see was Jennie wiping a tear from her eye as they held their gazes. She sang the song You and I by Park Bom. It was a heartfelt song and she wanted to pick a song that would perfectly encapsulate her feelings about Jennie. It did the job as she saw her fiancé tear up at her rendition. The lights dimmed and the curtains fell back but Chaeyoung could hear the crowd chant her name and she couldn't help but smile to herself as she left the stage. When she left the stage Lisa immediately engulfed her in a big hug and she returned the hug happily. "That was so good Chae! You looked so good too. I saw the photographers snap millions of photos of you." Lisa was dressed in her outfit as she was going to get on stage after Jihyo who was currently preparing on stage for her performance. The girl had her hair tied back and her bangs were perfect. Chaeyoung smiled and felt someone grab the microphone in her hands and trudge away to another student. She giggled at everyone panicking backstage as she sat beside Lisa on the stools prepared back stage. "It felt really good singing out there."

They heard the music start and both girls turned their head towards the TV set up backstage. Jihyo was sitting on a stool elegantly holding the microphone that was being held up by a mic stand. It was beautiful. Jihyo was beautiful. She sang 'Always' by Yoonmirae. The famous song used in the Kdrama Descendants of the Sun. Everyone sang along with her as she passionately sung her heart out. Lisa roamed her eyes around the backstage area and she finally saw Dahyun beside the rest of their group of friends singing along to Jihyo. She hoped that Dahyun would finally take notice of Jihyo's feelings for her but of course there was no need to rush. Lisa was just happy that in the span of a few months all her friends were slowly finding their better halves and she wished them well.