Catalyst

CHAPTER 31

Chaeyoung was sitting with Joy, Yeri and Tzuyu in the cafeteria when Lisa, Mina and Jihyo came running towards them grinning like maniacs. Someone was hiding behind them and they couldn't really see who she was so Tzuyu raised an eyebrow at her suspicious Unnies. "Okay remember when there was a rumor that we had 2 new students coming in? Guess who the other one is!" Lisa was basically vibrating in excitement which made Chaeyoung giggle at her. "Okay who?" Jihyo, Mina and Lisa stepped aside to reveal the Campus' long lost Musical Genius Kim Dahyun.

Chaeyoung immediately jumped up and tackled the girl in a hug causing Dahyun to laugh and hug Chaeyoung back as well. The rest of the group joined in and formed a group hug surrounding their well missed friend. They were jumping around and squealing. All of the eyes in the room turned to them. After 2 years their group was complete again. They were the most popular girls in school after all and now that they were complete with Dahyun coming back, their social ranking just reached sky even though they were already there. Chaeyoung pulled Dahyun to sit beside her so that she was sitting between her and Jihyo. Everyone had shit eating grins on their faces as they looked at Dahyun in awe. Chaeyoung was the first one to actually speak rather than squeal and she side hugged Dahyun while laughing. "Look we're both blonde now! It suits you really well Dubu!"

Jihyo nodded in agreement, a slight blush was forming on her cheeks and Mina had a small knowing smile on her face as she looked at her friend. Chaeyoung clapped her hands in excitement and dragged Dahyun to get food. Mina and Tzuyu simultaneously rested their chins on their palms as they stared at the Student Council President. "So how does it feel to have your childhood crush back in school?" Mina teased the girl as they watched Chaeyoung and Dahyun skip around to get food. Jihyo blushed more as she cleared her throat and sat up straight. "I'm really glad to have our music genius back and please don't tease me about her. We all know I don't have a shot. She sees me more of an Unnie than anything else." Jihyo stated with a firm voice laced with sorrow. Lisa, who was sitting in front of Jihyo scoffed at the girl and crossed her arms in front of her. "Okay Leader-nim, I have seen this for years when I had to basically attack Chaeyoung everyday to convince her that Jennie had feelings for her and I don't mind beating you up every day till you believe us when we say that the tofu might like you back." The others nodded along with Lisa as they watched Jihyo groan. Tzuyu who has been somewhat silent during this whole ordeal finally spoke up to her Unnies as she leaned forward to whisper to them. "Do you think she'll tell us why she suddenly left? I'm still not convinced that it was all about the Music Scholarship she got."

They didn't have time to respond as the two blondes bounded over to them with full trays in their hands. A number of students passed by and greeted Dahyun all of them really happy to see her back after so long. "So what did I miss? Being in another country for so long really pushed me out of the loop." Dahyun nudged her shoulder against Jihyo's and smiled at her. Jihyo smiled as she felt Dahyun lean against her shoulder. "Well nothing much other than this chipmunk getting engaged"

Dahyun froze with this information. She slowly turned her head towards a happy blushing Chaeyoung and smiled solemnly at the girl, her friends not noticing her change in mood. "Wow chipmunk. That's-That's great information. Congratulations." Dahyun breathed deeply and squeezed Chaeyoung's hand in hers in sincere congratulations as she felt her heart drop and break. Chaeyoung giggled and leaned her head on Dahyun's shoulder. She really did miss her friend. Chaeyoung linked her arm with Dahyun's as she snuggled closer to her pale friend. "Tofu we missed you so much. I remember you telling me you liked someone in campus but you never told us who. Did you tell them you're back now? I feel like this year is a lucky year for our love lives." Chaeyoung giggled. Dahyun sat still as her group's eyes focused on her. She smiled sadly at them and shook her head softly. "Yes I did but I think they've realized who they really want to choose now."