Red

Chapter 3

6 months.

This has been repeating in Jennie's head since her parents walked out of her office. They gave her 6 months to prepare for the wedding. Of course that includes announcing to all of Korea that the country's Golden Girl is officially off the market. She was also given the opportunity to arrange the wedding details, well both Chaeyoung and Jennie, since that's the least they could do considering they blindsided them into an arranged marriage. Everything related to the wedding would be in their hands while everything regarding Company Merging matters would be handled by both their parents.

This also means that Jennie was left with 6 months to turn it all around. She wanted to do this right. So she has 6 months to somehow tell Chaeyoung about her feelings without the younger girl thinking it's forced, court her properly and have at least how many months of them both as a couple before they get thrown into a marriage. She didn't want to just ignore Chaeyoung till the day of their wedding. She deserves better than that. She deserves to marry someone who actually worked hard to win her heart. That's exactly what Jennie's going to do.

Closing her eyes, Jennie feels her belly doing flips. She hasn't been this anxious in her life. This feels so much worse compared to the first time she produced and composed music for a Kpop Group that ended up getting internationally acclaimed. Sighing, she grabbed her phone and a neatly stacked pile of papers from her desk and headed to the door. Pausing in front of her double doors, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes, grounding herself and trying to grasp some sense of control. She lifted her chin and squared her shoulders, quickly assuming a powerful stance and putting on her best emotionless mask that she practiced throughout the years, Jennie walked out her office towards the elevator. It was time for her Music Class with none other than her now childhood bestfriend turned fiancé. Fantastic timing.

Getting off the elevator at the 4th floor she walked the halls gracefully making the swarm of students part like the red sea. They looked at her with a mix of fear, admiration, respect and lust. She was used to it. Most of the students scurried to their respective classes as to not be the receiver of their Headmaster's cold glare since it was almost time for class.

Entering the lecture hall without glancing at the students, she could hear them scrambling to get to their seats before she could reach her desk

Entering the lecture hall without glancing at the students, she could hear them scrambling to get to their seats before she could reach her desk. She placed her things neatly on the desk and looked up at them using the coldest tone she could muster. 

"I expect all of you to be prepared for today's lesson. No excuses. You all know the drill, I'll be going on with my lecture and will randomly call one of you to answer some questions."

It's the start of the first semester and she was teaching the 3rd years. Chaeyoung's batch.

Looking at all of them nod their heads in understanding she noticed that Chaeyoung was not in the class. Not letting the students see her disappointment she cleared her throat and started her lecture. 15 minutes into her lecture she was stopped by someone opening the double doors in a hurry at the back of the class, causing everyone to look at the source of the sudden interruption.