Bitter Harvest

LEXA'S ROOM

LEXA'S ROOM

Lexa is asleep on a couch and Clarke is drawing her in charcoal.

Lexa jerks awake, gasping, and Clarke crosses to her.

Clarke:Hey, hey, it's ok. You're ok,What were you dreaming about?

Lexa:Commanders before me. They speak to me in my sleep. I saw their deaths... at war, at the hands of an assassin.

Clarke:It was just a nightmare.

Lexa:No. No. It's a warning. They think I'm betraying their legacy. Jus drein just daun has always, always been the way of our people.

Clarke:Listen to me. A cease fire is not a betrayal. What you did on that battlefield stopped a war. Your legacy will be peace.

Lexa gets up to leave and sees the picture. She picks it up and Clarke, anxious, trails after her.

Clarke:Oh, um, that's, um... it's not finished yet.

They stare deep into each other's eyes. There's a knock at the door.

Lexa:Enter.

Titus and two guards enter carrying a huge box.

Titus: Pardon me, Heda. I didn't realize you were busy.

Lexa:Are you going to tell me what's in the box, or not?

Titus:Forgive me,This is a gift from King Roan of Azgeda for Wanheda and Walnalda but she's not here,The messenger said this is both proof of Azgeda's loyalty to the coalition and an answer to a yet-unanswered question May I?Open it.

He steps around to the other side of the room. Two guards move to open it.

Inside is Emerson.

Clarke:Emerson.

Emerson, screeching, jumps out of the box and knocks her to the ground.

Lexa: Stop him! Get him out of here! Put him in a cage now!

She moves to help Clarke up.

Clarke:I'm fine.

The guards grab hold of him and drag him backward out of the room

Trikru Territory

Hannah, Gillmer, and another farm station guy on a river bank.

They are collecting water and soil samples.

Man:We done here?

Hannah:10-meter draw, and I'm good.

Octavia crouching behind a log watching them. She touches her ear piece.

Octavia on the radio:Pike's detail is still at it... soil and water samples.

Kane:Any idea what they're up to?