Exit Wounds

Bunker

Bunker

[Octavia exhales]

Madi/Skyler:Gross.

Elena:Madi, Skyler.

She turned back to Octavia.

Elena:The infection's passing. But this is gonna hurt. Are you sure you don't want Jackson? Clarke?

Octavia:Jackson's tending to Indra and the others in medbay. Just do it.

[Octavia exhales]

Elena:Madi and Sky are a big fan. She's heard every story about the girl under the floor who saved the human race.

Octavia:Now what's your story? You survived six years of radiation? What's your secret?

Elena:Synthetic nightblood, like me. I took her to Becca's lab and shared my bone marrow to keep her alive.

Octavia:You're lucky Elena found you.

[Door opens. Kara enters]

Kara: Ready to move?

Elena:She needs another day's rest.

Kara: She needs to be with her people.

Elena raised her brows challenging Kara to do something.

Octavia: I'm done licking my wounds. Let's go remind the others what we promised them. From the ashes we will rise.

[Door opens. Octavia and Kara exit. Door closes]

Madi: Octavia's such a badass. I wish we didn't have to lie to her.

Elena:Hey. We've talked about this. We have to lie to everyone to keep you safe along with your sister, If the grounders find out what you are,who both of you are, some of them might try to replace Octavia with you or sky, I can't have you two caught up in a power struggle, especially during a war.

Madi and Skyler nodded.

Polis

[Octavia and Kara emerge from Bunker] [Indistinct chatter]

Kara: Hundreds are still refusing to come out of the bunker, afraid they'll be bombed in the streets.

Octavia: You said they needed to see me, but they can barely look at me. What aren't you telling me?

Kara:Word has spread about our defeat in the wasteland. Diyoza's firepower has crippled us. The soil here is dead. I don't care how much it rains, it won't be arable for years. And, as you know, the hydrofarm can barely produce enough--

Octavia: Stop it. We have faced worse odds than this.

Kara:Yes, but now we know the warning signs of rebellion. I once betrayed you when you were vulnurable, when Wonkru was living in fear. Look around you. It will happen again unless you take control.