The Stranger

MURPHY: Of course, we'll kneel. Was there ever even a question?

MAN: These are yours.

Murphy:Ah. Why do I get the feeling this is good-bye?

SHEIDHEDA: The palace is mine now. So is the farmhouse. For you, that...

EMORI: We'll take the machine shop.

Murphy:You need a mechanic to run the reactor. She's your girl. Besides, you wouldn't want your favorite chess partner to live in a tent, would you?

Sheidhead:Fine. Go. Who's next? _ Kneel so that you can fight another day.

NIKKI: Good. I still get to kill you.

Sheidhead:Convicts, Children of Gabriel, welcome to the new Sanctum. Things have changed quickly, but the future is full of promise, and to reap the benefits of this bright, new day, I ask only that you take a knee to show your loyalty, a simple gesture that binds you to a contract with a single rule... If at any time you do anything that I deem disloyal, you die.

INDISTINCT CHATTER.

Nikki:And if we refuse?

Sheidhead:You die.

Nikkis:In that case, the killers and the thieves of Eligius exploration ship number are at your service.

Sheidhead:Nelson.

Sachin:My name is Sachin. My people and I swore and oath. Better to die free than worship at the feet of false gods. I will not kneel tonight or ever.

INDISTINCT CHATTER.

Sheidhead:Does this man speak for all of you? Surely some here would prefer to live. One small genuflection, and life goes on, one Sanctum under me for the benefit of all. You stand by your principles, and your people stand by you. Those are the qualities of a true leader.

MEN GRUNTING.

PEOPLE SCREAMING.

Sheidhead:There is only one leader in Sanctum Kneel before him or die.

Sachin:Death... is life.

Bardo.

Gabriel:We were so close. Bill,I know you're upset.

Cadogan:Upset? Why would I be upset, just because we're back to square one, randomly entering codes?You told me Elena had the key.

Gabriel:Actually, Octavia's memories did that. You just never saw the moment the Flame came out.

Cadogan:You let me believe it never did.

DOOR CHIMES, OPENS.

Bellamy:My Shepherd, may I have a moment?

Cadogan:Of course. Everybody out.

Gabriel:You look good in white.

CADOGAN: Lock him up with the others.

Guard:Let's go. Move it.

Cadogan:You're wondering what will happen to your friends.

Bellamy:Yes, my Shepherd.

Cadogan:Join me, please. Mmm. Broth. I'd have killed for this during my time on the mountain.

Bellamy:I heard about First Disciple Anders. I assume you two were close.

Cadogan:I'm very sorry. Close? I met him twice. I usually only meet the first disciple once when they come to wake me every years to say there's been no progress to the last war. Anders woke me twice. The second time, we had found the key, so, yes, I suppose, I mean, comparatively speaking, we were close, but that's not what you meant, is it? You were testing me to see if I live by the same code that I expect of my disciples.