The Face Behind the Glass

Diyoza: Don't worry. I'll show you how. Improvise, adapt. Overcome. Good thing there's no marines left. I'd never hear the end of it for stealing that. Cocky bastards. Anyone ever teach you it's rude to shine a light in someone's face?

Jade: You should be more worried about yourself right now.

Diyoza: You're gonna need more than 3 people to take me out.

Jade: Your baby needs a safe place to live. I can offer you that.

Diyoza: I'm listening.

Jade: Help us return the child -- Rose -- and the 3 heads of our fallen primes, and Russell Prime -- hallowed be his name -- will let your child be raised in Sanctum.

Diyoza: My child but not me.

Jade: That's the offer. Take it or leave it.

Diyoza: Let me guess. The kid's yours.

Jade: Not exactly. It's my duty to serve and protect the next prime.

Diyoza: Bodyguard. Got it. Bang-up job you did there.

Jade: You know, I, um, retrieved this taken from your belongings. The people who took Rose now have guns, and so will you. So do we have a deal or not?

Diyoza: One condition. I get a bike.

Sanctum.

Simone: Yes. This one's ready, too.

Russell: You think they've harmed her?

Simone: Jade will bring Rose back to us. And until she does, I wish you'd reconsider cancelling Naming Day.

Russell: The shield is up. They won't get back in.

Simone: I'm not worried about what's outside. They had sketches. They knew exactly who to target and where they lived. We need to tell the people so that they can be on guard. We need to accept that they have spies inside Sanctum. We lost 3 primes. They took Rose, attacked Delilah.

Russell: What do you want me to do?

Simone: We both know that the timing was no coincidence. They knew today was Naming Day. Cancel, Russell. Priya can wait.

Russell: Would you say that if it was Josephine? Or Patricia? No. If we cancel, Gabriel wins.

Simone: We don't even know if he's alive.

Russell: His cause clearly is.

Simone: I'll post extra guards around Delilah just to be safe.

Russell: Fine. But not too close. It's her day, and I won't have it ruined by fear.

Inside the building.

Jordan: My parents would have loved it here.

Delilah: Hey. It's my Naming Day. Unburden. That's what we do today. On Naming Day, we make amends for the things we feel guilty for.

Jordan: Okay. I told you about how I spent my whole life on the ship.

Delilah: Mhm.

Jordan: All that time, it was just us...and faces behind glass...people I couldn't talk to, friends I couldn't have. I wanted to know them so badly. I wanted...this. When I decided to go into cryo, my parents said they understood, even though it meant I'd never see them again.

Delilah: All parents have to let their kids go sometime.

Jordan: Except they weren't letting me go 'cause I wasn't gone. I became the face behind the glass. I taunted the, and I feel guilty because it brought me here...to you.