False Gods

Cora: Any Change?

James: The power supply's still choppy and oscillating in the lower region.

Cora I can take over early.

Man: Thanks.

James: I was thinking about this all day, and I'll have you know I could fix this power problem in five minutes.

Cora: Yeah. Pull your control rod. Let's see it.

James: Aw. Come on. Not again. Raven's gonna kill me.

Cora: Supply's still low. Pulling that last control rod's not a bad idea. It would up the power output.

James: Yeah. Well, Raven said to wait and see if supply evens out.

Cora: Sure. We can wait.

James: Raising the last rod 25%. That should do it. Failure in the actuator mechanism. It won't go up. Stop it. Gonna have to do it manually. Hold that thought.

Computer: Secondary containment clear.

Cora: Are you sure about this? Priya never let us go in there.

James: Don't worry. I know what I'm doing.

Computer: Core access clear.

James: Sinclair, my mentor on the ark, was a genius at jury-rigging the reactor. I could do this in my sleep. All I have to do is pull up the rod... and use this to keep it up. There. Now we can...

Cora: James.

James: Cora?

_______________________________________

Gaia: Are you all right?

Elena:My mother's ring. It's all I have left of them.

Gaia: That's not true. You are what's left of them. This is what's left of the commanders.

Elena:I lost myself last night. Russell gave me this, and I just--

Gaia: Burning down the palace was a bit extreme, but, Elena, he killed your mother and so many others, and today, he will die for it. Maybe once it is done, we can all start over except for Madi, who they still call Heda, and I'm letting them. It makes me wonder am I just doing what I know because I don't know how to do anything else?

Elena:You're doing what's best for my girls, but change takes time. We need to ease them into this new life. I love you, Mom. I'll do my best to make you proud.

Gaia: Their fight is over.

Clarke:May we meet again.

Indra: Preparations must be made. It's time to talk to Russell.

_____________________________________________

Russell: To what do I owe the pleasure?

Elena:Don't play innocent. We know your people have been in to see you.

Russell: I can hardly turn them away if they show up.

Indra: It won't be a problem for much longer. Your execution's at sunset. We'll give you the respect of choosing how you die.

Russell: You should have just finished the job last night.

Elena:We can make it quick.

Russell: And why would I want that? To my followers, this will be the death of a God. Like a sign from above. I'll take the pyre.

Elena:Last night you begged me to save you from the flames.

Russell: And now you want it quick so you can pretend you're still civilized. No. My people need to feel my death, and so do you.