Chapter 4

Eliza's POV-

"Come in." Came the voice from inside.

She opened the door and I followed her behind.

"Vincent, Ms. Ahn is here." She said politely.

Vincent was sitting on his chair like a king sits on his throne. He was working on his laptop. He looked up towards us.

"Martha you can leave I have to talk to Ms. Ahn about her employment. Also bring Lily in when I tell you to." He said to Elizabeth.

"Sure." She left.

"Ms. Anh please have a seat." He gestured towards the seat in front of his desk.

I sat down. He pulled out a a file from his the drawer and placed it in front of me.

"This is your employment contract. Everything is mentioned in that. Please take a look and tell me if anything needs to be changed." He said.

I carefully read through the contract. It was absolutely reasonable there was nothing which needed to be changed.

"Everything is fine sir." I said.

"Okay. Now about you pay. Your salary will be transferred to your bank account at the 1st of every month. You'll have holidays on Sundays. Those days will be completely yours you can do anything during them but if you need holidays on any other days you have to inform prior. Meals are included. Martha will tell you about Lily and Jameson's schedule and habits. Is there any other concern?" He looked at me.

"Will I have to work the whole day?" I asked.

"Your normal working day will be from 8am to 8pm. I usually come home by 8 but if any situation requires you working overtime you'll be paid for the extra time. Anything else?" He stated.

"No sir." I replied.

"Before you sign the employment contract I have already told you this and I am saying this again, my kids are my top priority and I am trusting you with their safety. If anything will happen to them because of you, there will be no one worse than me. Do you understand?" He literally threatened me.

I get that parents are protective over there kids especially if you are a single parent but this was little too intense.

"Yes Mr. Chae." I said.

"Good. Now you can sign the contract." He slid a pen across the table.

I signed the contract and handed it back to him.

"I'll call Lily to meet you now. She is my older daughter and please be careful around her she isn't really comfortable with strangers." He said. I nodded. About two minutes later Martha came in the room with small girl behind her. She was really cute but she seemed very shy. She was hiding behind Martha.

I bent down a little to meet her eye level.

"Hi. I am Eliza. What is your name?" I asked.

"Lily." She answered in a small voice. Then my phone rang. It was my younger brother.

"Excuse me." I said and picked up the call.

"Allo." I said. During our childhood me and my brother used french language as our code so our parents wouldn't understand it eventually turned into a habit and now whenever we talk with each other we use french.

"Ma soeur préférée dans le monde entier." He started with this which was enough for me to understand that he had messed up somewhere.

"Qu'est-ce que tu as fait?" I asked.

"Rien de grand. C'est juste que j'ai accidentellement dépensé toute mon allocation mensuelle pour un match de football et maintenant je n'ai plus d'argent." He said.

"Avez-vous perdu la tête quelque part? Espèce d'idiot stupide et fou." I scolded him.

There was a small giggle from behind. Lily was covering her mouth and trying not to laugh. I gave her a small smile. She must've picked up on some words.

"Je suis désolé. Pouvez-vous s'il vous plaît m'envoyer de l'argent? S'il vous plaît" He pleaded.

"Bien. Je vais faire quelque chose." I sighed.

"Merci beaucoup. Je t'aime ma soeur." He sounded relived.

"Au revoir." I said.

"Au revoir." He cut the call.

(Translation of the phone call-

Thomas(Eliza's Brother)- My favorite sister in the whole world.

Eliza- What did you do?

Thomas- Nothing big. It's just that I accidentally spent all my monthly allowance on a football game and now I'm out of money.

Eliza- Have you lost your mind somewhere? You stupid, crazy idiot.

Thomas- I'm sorry. Can you please send me some money? Please.

Eliza- Okay. I will do something.

Thomas- Thank you so much. I love you my sister.

Eliza- Bye.

Thomas- Bye.)

"Who were you talking to?" Lily asked.

"My little brother, Thomas." I answered.

"Why did you call you brother a crazy, stupid, idiot?" She asked giggling while saying the words.

"Because he acted like a crazy stupid idiot but how do you know I said that? You speak french?" I asked her.

"Yes. " She said.

"How did you learn it?" I was amused by her. She was only five. Most kids struggle with English at this age but just interpreted fluent french.

"My samchon teaches my french. I can even speak Korean. That is three languages. English, French and Korean." She held up three fingers in front of her. She was getting comfortable with me now. 

"That is so cool." I encouraged her. 

"How many languages do you speak?" She asked. 

"Only English and French." I said. Even though I could very well speak Mandarin and Korean. 

"I know one language more than you." She said finally giving me a full blown smile. 

I held my hand up for a high five half expecting her to decline but she didn't. That was more than enough progress for the first day.

She turned to her father and said, "Appa, I liker her." 

I was so happy at her words. This kid was going to be a part of my daily routine now and I couldn't be more happier that she liked me.

"That's good honey." Vincent said. 

Martha gave me a thumbs up and I grinned at her.  

_________________________________

Guys if there are any mistakes in the French convo I'm sorry. I don't know anything about French I just used Google Translate for it. So to all the French speakers I'm sorry.