Chapter 42

Eliza's POV-

"So, where exactly are we going?" I asked April. 

"A shop near Miles's apartment. I need to get some clothes for an event and need someone's opinion for it." She said. 

"You want my opinion?" I was genuinely confused as to when we had gotten this close.

"Yeah, I don't have any close friends to ask this. None of your brothers-in-law or your husband is any good for this. You are my best option." She explained. 

"Oh." I looked out of the car. 

"Do you know how relived that Vincent married you? I was stuck between those four and now I finally have someone to keep me company." Her voice was neutral but somehow her tone resembled with excitement. 

Did she not know about the fight? 

At that moment her phone rang, "Excuse me, I have to take this."

Her phone went on the speaker, it was call from her work. I wondered how similar she is to Vincent. Both of them have a reserved group of people who they are comfortable with. Both of them prioritize their work and just overall how serious they were. 

After 15 minutes of driving we stopped at the entrance of beautifully decorated stone building. This was a clothing store?

"Eliza, you go in, I have to finish this call." April said. 

"No, I can wait." I responded. 

"It's fine, just go in and them you are here with me. I have already made the appointment." She turned her back and went back to her call. 

Appointment to buy clothes? That's bizzare. I thought it was only for when you were buying wedding dresses or something like that. 

I walked inside the gate and there was stair way decorated with roses and fairy lights. the stone staircase was leading up to a balcony which was decorated the same way. I walked up of the ivory door leading to the balcony. 

When I pushed open the door, it didn't feel like a clothing store. There was no staff or any clothes there. It was just pathway that lead to the balcony. When I was about to go back to see if I was at the right place, a man dressed in formal black suit approached me. 

"Mrs. Eliza Chae?" He questioned. I nodded. "Please follow me for your scheduled appointment."

My appointment?

"You must've misunderstood. This appointment is for April not me." I explained.

He smiled, "Yeah, for that please follow me." I walked behind him to the door that lead to the balcony. 

"Please go ahead and enter, we will be with you soon." I entered the balcony, which was pitch black. 

What kind of a clothing store was this?

The darkness around me was slowly lit with dim fairly lights. The setting around me completely took me aback. There were photos of me and Vincent over the past months over the past months. Starting from our wedding day up until now. Some photos were taken intentionally while some were beautifully candid. 

I walked around the room looking at each of them. I didn't know what was happening. I saw a table at the far end of the room with a envelope on it. When I picked it up I saw that it was addressed to me. 

With shaky hands I opened it and what I read brought a ocean of tears to my eyes. It was letter Vincent wrote to me.