Chapter 29

Eliza's POV-

I have shared a bed with Vincent for every night for almost two months now but today somehow felt different.

So many things happened in a day. I just lay in my bed, my back facing him, contemplating about my feelings.

I knew I found him good looking and I liked his company. But was it more than that?

I defended him in front of Henry. I was angry when Henry talked off shit. And I was weirdly attracted to Vincent when he warned Henry to stay away from me.

Also something happens in me whenever he call me 'my wife'.

I looked out of the open window at the moon. It was beautiful. Even though it was surrounded with undying darkness it always was beautiful despite it's flaws.

Just like Vincent.

He was no prince charming. Come on, let's be serious, no prince charming was going to threaten anyone.

Vincent was cold at most times but that's what made his soft side so beautiful. Because when he smiled the whole world lit up. Him letting go of his business personality and enjoying time with me made me really happy.

When he said that our relationship was not just a contract it was a marriage, it made me feel butterflies.

Suddenly I snapped out of my thoughts.

What was I even thinking? Comparing him to the moon?

I was being delusional.

Or are you catching feelings? My conscious asked.

That can't be true.

Or maybe it is....

Definitely not. I am just happy living with him and it feels good having him around.

Do you hate the thought of having to leave him?

Yes, but that's because I'd have to leave the kids too.

But do you hate the idea of leaving him?

I didn't what to admit it but yes. I did hate that thought. It was like an important part of my life was getting taken away from me.

See, you do like him.

I pulled the comforter above my head and shut all this off. I had an early morning tomorrow and I wasn't going to stay up overthinking.

When I was seconds away from falling asleep I felt an arm settle on my body but I was too sleepy to react.

The next morning I woke up early at about 5 am. Today I had many things to do. When I woke up, it felt warm around me despite the cool breeze entering from the window.

Warm air was tickling my neck. I slowly turned my head to see Vincent plastered to my back with his hand around my waist.

He was sleeping peacefully. I looked at him for a moment. We've never been this close while sleeping.

I slowly removed his hand from my waist without disturbing him. I showered and came out to see him soft on the bed with messy hair and groggy eyes.

"You are awake early." He said.

Holy motherfucking mozzarella! His morning voice was HOT!

I never heard it because I usually got up early and studied at home.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Umm... Yeah. I have a lot to do today." I said.

"Okay. If you are done can I use the bathroom?" He motioned towards the bathroom behind me.