Chapter 9

Eliza's POV-

This father daughter duo was going to be the death of me someday. We are going to marry tomorrow. Like tomorrow.

How the hell was the even possible? I just went along with it for Lily but this was insane.

I knocked on Vincent's office door.

"Come in." He said.

"You called me?" I questioned.

"Yes. The agreement is drafted. Take look and tell me if you want to add anything in it." He placed a clear file on his desk.

I went a read it for at least four times before giving it back to him.

"You okay with all this?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Then go ahead and sign it." He pointed towards the pen on his desk.

"Just like that? Don't we need to have a eye witness or something?" I asked.

"I have security cameras for evidence and we need witness tomorrow when we sign the marriage certificate." He said casually.

"We are really getting married tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"How is that even possible? I mean preparing a wedding in less than a day." I questioned.

"You leave that to me. Just send me your dress size and ring size." He was so indifferent about this that I wanted to smack his head. 

"Fine. As you wish." I sighed. "By the way I wanted to discuss something with you." 

"Go ahead." He said. 

"If I am going to act as your wife you will also have to act as my husband." I said. 

"I thought that it was understood already." He gave a smartass reply. 

"I know that. I meant that if I will be your wife in front of your family you'll have to be my husband in front of my family too." I told him.

"Your family?" He raised an eyebrow. 

"I am not asking you to come at my family gatherings. All I am telling you is that you'll have to meet my parents and my brother at some point of time." I said. 

"I know that but let's try to keep that event as far as possible. I am not good at meeting new people." He said. 

"Aren't you a business man? Don't you meet new people almost everyday." I questioned. 

"Yes but that is different. That is all business, this is meeting people who will judge me." He tried to explain.

"Again you are a business man your clients judge you." I argued. 

"Your family will be people I need to impress." He argued back.

"Still don't get your point." I said. 

"Let's just go there after sometime okay?" He said exasperated. 

"Fine. But when my umma and appa get to know that I got married without telling or including them, there will be a huge mess which you'll be responsible for." I said.

"I'll take full responsibility of that." He admitted.  

"Good." I leaned back a little on the chair. 

"How are Yu Eun's birthday party preparations going?" He asked.

Lily's birthday was coming in two days. She was turning five. Vincent has planned a huge birthday bash for her. 

"So far so good. Her dress will be here by the evening, all the invitations are already sent, the menu is decided and the decorators will get the venue ready the morning of her birthday." 

"Good. By the way my brother will be officiating our ceremony tomorrow so, he is coming here by evening and he'll be staying Yu Eun's birthday. He knows the truth about us so, you won't have to put an act in front of him." He told me. 

"Okay. I'll get going now. It's James's lunch time." I got up from the chair. 

"You'll be sleeping in my bedroom from tomorrow." He said.

I stopped dead in my tracks. This wasn't something I had thought of. 

"What?" I asked.

"A married couple doesn't sleep in different rooms. Don't worry your clothes and books will be in your old room. You'll study there. The only time you'll be in my room will be at night." He said nonchalantly.

"The fuck did you just say?" My jaw dropped. I was ready to punch him if meant something perverted by that.

"Sorry, that sounded misleading. What I meant was you'll sleep in my room. There is enough space for both us to have our personal space without disturbing the other person." He explained.  

"Oh. Okay." I said.