Chapter 17

Eliza's POV-

Miles and Roman stood behind us but there was no sign of Archer. Miles's gaze was fixed at something behind me. I followed his gaze and found him staring a woman who had just entered. She was wearing a simple black gown with white and red pattern on it.

She had a solemn smile on her face as she walked towards us

"Do Hyeok!" She called out. Vincent turned towards her and to my surprise he actually looked happy to see her. Not that he had a smile or something on his face because god forbid if something like that happened the whole world would crash. His face was visibly cooler than before and his eyes didn't have the irritation from before.

She came forward and hugged him. I didn't know he had the capability of hugging anyone except the kids.

"Who invited the wicked witch of the west to a children's party?" Miles said. The woman pulled back with a petty expression on her face and said,

"If the children can handle a horrid grim reaper like you, they can definitely handle a witch."

"I beg differ, if you had the time to see any series the grip reaper is one of the most handsome person." Miles argued.

"If I had the brain size of peanut like you then I'd waste it on things like watching worthless series. I rely on facts." She rolled her eyes.

"That is the reason why you are so boring." Miles said. There was a sense of familiarity and comfort in that argument. Their banter was cute, if you ask me.

"April, I want you meet someone," Vincent interrupted the fight, "This is my wife, Eliza Chae." April's head whipped in Vincent's direction, then she opened and closed her mouth like a fish.

"What? How? When? How is that even possible?" She was shocked and when I say shocked I mean jaw on the floor, eyes wide as saucers. She turned to me.

"Are you okay? Did he hypnotize you or something?"

"No." I said awkwardly.

"So you willingly married him?" She pointed at Vincent and emphasized the word him. I nodded. "This is fucking miracle."

"I haven't even introduced myself. Hi, I am April Graham. I am a defense attorney." She extended her hand forth.

"Eliza Ah- I mean Eliza Chae." I corrected myself and shook her hand.

"April's also known as KitKat because she needs to take a fucking break." Miles added.

"Shut it, Bates." April glared at him. Miles grinned at her.

"Will you two cut it out for once? You know, this was entertaining at first but now this straight out irritating." Roman said.

"Hello to you too, Roman." April said.

"Auntie April! You're here!" Lily's voice came from behind Vincent.

"Ofcourse I did. I wouldn't've have missed my favourite princess's birthday for the world." April bent down and hugged Lily. April let go Lily and removed a rectangular box wrapped in blue wrapping paper from her handbag. "I've got you a gift." She said.