Chapter 39

Eliza's POV-

I regret choosing you as someone who can be a mother to my kids. I regret marrying you. These words echoed in my head as I sat on the couch staring into nothing. 

"Have some water." Jenna's voice seem to come from a distant place. I shook my head. 

"Eliza, you can't do this to yourself." She said. 

"He said he regretted me." I uttered those words as they pierced through my heart. 

"Cry it out, okay? I am here for you." She said. "Now I will make something for us to eat and you are not denying to eat."

I nodded absent mindedly. After some time the bell rang and I went to open the door. It was Vincent infront of me. 

"Eliza," He called out my name. I looked at him and remembered his words. I tried to shut the door but stopped me. 

"Don't do that, please. Don't go away from me." He pleaded. 

"Why? I thought you regretted me?" I taunted. His eyes flashed with hurt. 

"I didn't mean it." He said. 

"It didn't seem like that. You were way too confident in saying that." I scoffed. 

"I was angry then, I couldn't think straight. Not being able to find Yu Eun made me thoughtless." He tried to explain. 

"There is no need to tell me any of this. You found your daughter. Happy ending." Calling Lily just his daughter pained me in ways unimaginable. 

"Don't say that. She is your daughter too. We are her parents." He held my shoulders. I stepped back.

"Oh no, Vincent Chae. Remember your own words. You said you regretted choosing me as someone who can be a mother to your kids. You said you regret marrying me." My voice raised. All of my hurt, pain and anger started coming out. 

"I am so sorry. So sorry for saying that. If I could go back in time and stop myself from saying that, I would've." He sounded so desperate it broke me even more. 

"But you can't. The damage is already done." I said. 

"Give me one chance, please." He begged. 

"No. You hurt me, Vincent. I thought at least you wouldn't do that. I accept it was my fault that I didn't keep my attention on Lily and trust me, I regret it with every fiber of my being but you, you said things I never imagined anyone saying." I accused him. "And it's all your fault. You made me a mother. You showed me the happiness I had already given up. Then you were the one to take all of them away in a matter of just some words." 

He stayed silent. I stepped forward to him. 

"I didn't want any of this. I was just there to do a job and make money, just like you said back there. I was just someone who you payed to look after your kids. But you were the one who asked me to marry him. I never asked you to pay off my debt. I never asked you to meet my family. I never asked you have feelings for me. But you did. I could've just lived on hiding my feelings." I stepped forward until we were inches away from each other. Tears rolled down his face. 

"I never asked you to show me this world to happiness. I never asked you to make me feel alive again. I never asked you to make me fall in love with you. But you did. And just like always you did what you wanted, when you wanted. Did you ever even considered my feelings? TELL ME, VINCENT CHAE. DID YOU?" I screamed while repeatedly hitting his chest with my fists.  

He silently took every blow. 

"I am sorry." Were the only words he said. 

I couldn't take it anymore and I broke down crying uncontrollably in his arms. As much as I hated him at that moment, he made me feel safe. He made me feel home. I hated that but didn't have it in me to walk away from him. After staying like that for I don't know how much time I finally stepped back from his embrace. 

"Eliza, come home with me. Hit me, curse me, hate me do whatever you want but just come back to me. I cannot live without you. I cannot breathe when you are not with me. I was just a father and a soul less body before. But with you I felt truly happy. Please don't go away from me. I beg you. I'll do anything to make you happy. I'll to anything to make you love me again." His voice broke. 

"I can't. Just go home Vincent. The kids must be waiting for you." I stepped inside the apartment. 

"Please, my love." He begged. But I didn't listen. I closed the door. My legs gave up and I sunk on the floor in a crying mess.

 My legs gave up and I sunk on the floor in a crying mess