Chapter 23

Eliza's POV-

I walked out of my university after the exam. Today was my last mock test, I planned on getting my things together because I was leaving for Virginia day after tomorrow. As I walked to the bus stop I saw a familiar car parked there. Then I saw my beloved husband standing there talking with the dean of the university. He was looking like a greek god in that tshirt. I could see many people staring at him. When he saw he waved to me.

 When he saw he waved to me

Even the dean turned around and I gave them an awkward smile as I walked over. 

"How do you feel?" The first question Vincent asked. 

"I'm fine." I said. 

"You know eachother?" The dean asked. 

"Yes, she is my wife." Vincent said. I just smiled. 

"I didn't know you were married, Mr. Chae," He said.

"We haven't made it public yet, so I hope you respect our privacy." Even though his words were polite there was an underlying tone of warning with them. 

"Ofcourse." The dean said. 

"It was nice meeting you Mr. Joseph but, we have some where to go please excuse us." Vincent. said. 

The man was an expert in making excuses. 

We went to the car there were many eyes on us tracking every one of our movements.  When we got in to the car I said,

"You are awfully free for an CEO." 

"What?" He asked. 

"This is the third day in a row that you are picking me up." I said. 

"Today is different from the last times." He started driving. Before I could ask what he was talking about I noticed that we were going the opposite direction of our house. 

"Vincent where are we going?" I asked. 

"Somewhere important. You'll see." He said.

For the next 10 minutes I kept on asking where we were going but he never said anything. I was even more confused when he parked in an hospital parking lot. 

"Come on, we are going to be late." He said getting out of the car.

"Why are we here? Are we visiting someone?" I asked as we walked in to the hospital. 

"Will you keep quite and just see where we are going?" He said. 

"Fine." I pouted. 

We went to the second floor of the hospital and stopped in front of a door. A gasp left me when I read the name plate beside it. 

Dr. Jenkins MBBS, P.G.D. G. O., MD, MS in Gynaecology & Obstetrics. She was the best gynaecologist of New York. But I could never have a consultation with her because of the fees.  

I turned to look at Vincent who was looking at me. He said,

"I contacted her after you told me about everything. She said we could visit her today and it'll be better if we could come when you were still on your period so, she could do all the necessary tests. I didn't tell you because you probably have said no." 

I wanted to cry. I really really wanted to cry. This is man was doing so much for me even though there was no need for him to. Even though I knew he wasn't someone who easily expressed his emotions and wouldn't probably like if I did it but I was going to hug him any way. I threw my hands around him and took him by surprise. Even though here were tears in my eyes I had a huge smile on my face. At first he was shocked but he did hug me back after some time.  

And then I learned that Vincent Chae was one of the best huggers ever

We broke apart. Both of us were smiling. 

"Let's go, shall we?" He asked.

"Into battle." I said. 

After that for about an hour I went through different tests and x-rays. Through out which I was super anxious. 

"According to the results you are still at the primary stage which I presume is because of the medicines you take. Could you tell me about the diagnosis your doctor gave you?" Dr. Jenkins said. 

"She said that I was still at the primary stage which could be kept like that with all the medicines but I would have to get a hysterectomy sooner or later in life and she also said I won't be able to conceive." I said. 

"That's a load of bullshit. There is no need for a hysterectomy this is completely curable with medicine or a simple surgery because you are a really early stage." These words change my whole world. 

"Really?" I asked.

"Definitely and remember that no doctor has the right to tell their patient they can't be pregnant." She said.

"Do you mean... I could... I mean I can be pregnant?" I couldn't believe my own ears.   

"Yes, you can. Even though it won't be easy or there is no guarantee who soon it'll happen because usually there is difficulty conceiving naturally. But that doesn't mean it won't happen." She smiled. 

My eyes damped with happy tears. The one thing that haunted me and made me sad for the past 2 years could actually go away. I could be a mother. I smiled with all my teeth. 

"Thank you, thank you so much doctor." I said. 

"It is my job. But in order to cure your disease you'll have to follow the diet I give you and take the medicines as instructed." She said.

"I'll do whatever you tell me to." I was determined to.  

That night as a thank you for everything he has done for me I made Vincent a big Korean style dinner. He was the reason I was this happy again.