Chapter 20

Eliza's POV-

The first court visit went well. Our side of the case was more stronger after all the claims and evidences were presented. What Vincent said was right Roger King was a ruthless man, he hurled accusation after accusation at Vincent was truly baffling. Celestine certainly hates me. When Vincent introduced me as his wife to her, she was literally shooting daggers from her eyes at me. Lily doesn't know that all this was happening and we were going to avoid telling her as much as we could.

I had my first exam tomorrow and I hadn't prepared anything at all. So, tonight I was pulling an all nighter. I was sitting in the at the dining table with my books opened all across the table. It was 11 pm, everybody in the house was asleep except me. I was sitting at the dining table with all my textbooks and notes scattered across the table and a triple shot espresso made with an overly expensive coffee machine. My stationary was everywhere.

"What are you doing?" Vincent's voice startled me. I was so caught up in my studies I didn't even notice him coming up from behind me.

"Studying." I said.

"Which test do you have tomorrow?" He took a seat beside me.

"World Civilizations," I answered.

"Do you need any help?" He asked.

"Could you help me memorize Sumerian Civilization?" I asked sarcastically.

"I'll pass on that." He said. I gave him a smile and went back to studying. After a few moments he said,

"Good god, how strong is this?" He was talking about my coffee.

"It's a triple shot espresso." I said.

"That is going to keep you up for a long time," He muttered.

"Well, that's the plan." I took the coffee from him and took a sip out of it.

"Caffeine isn't the only way to stay awake. I can think of different ways to keep you up all night." He looked right into my eyes while he said that. I spit my coffee into the mug and looked at him horrified.

Did he just flirt with me? No way.

"You did not just say that," I said.

"Oh, but I did." He smirked. I looked at him for a moment and burst out laughing because the idea of Mr. Robot flirting was hilarious. He started laughing too and the sound of him laughing was something so beautiful that it reminded of ancient love poems.

It took us minutes to stop laughing

"I have to study or else I'll fail." I said. Then an idea stuck me.

"You take interviews, right?" I ask.

"I was the one who took your interview." The idiot stated the obvious.

Ignoring is snarky ass tone I said, "So could you prepare a questionnaire for me?" I asked.

"Sure, why not," He took my textbook and started reading it. I went back to studying and I don't know how I fell asleep but I do know that I woken up by excruciating pain in my stomach. I knew that feeling too well, I have been going through this for the past 12 years.