Chapter 44

Vincent's POV-

"Order in court. All rise, please." The courtroom deputy announced.

Everyone rose as Justice Hanson walked the bench and gave a small bow and everyone did the same.

"The court is now in session, please be seated." The courtroom deputy said.

All of us sat down. On one side it was my family and on the other side was Celestine's family along with my father. Honestly, it wasn't a surprise to me that he is supporting them.

"Good morning everyone, my name is Justice Hanson. Are there any issues the counsel wants to raise before proceeding?" Justice Hanson asked.

"No, Your Honour." The chorus went around.

"Mr. Davis, do you wish to make a opening statement?"

"Yes, Your Honour." Nigel stood up and walked in front of the court.

"Good morning, Your Honour, my name is Nigel Davis. I am the counsel of Mr. Vincent Chae. Your Honour, this is a case of child custody. My client, Mr. Vincent Chae, was handed custody papers of this two children Ms. Lily Chae and Mr. Jameson Chae by their biological mother Ms. Celestine King.

There was a custody agreement signed after the birth of Mr. Jameson Chae between the parents which clearly stated that the custody of both of the children to their father, Mr. Vincent Chae. Despite the agreement Ms. King and her parents have filed for the custody of the children stating that Mr. Chae is a bad influence on the children and isn't fit enough to raise them.

In response my client has filed this case and a defamation case against the Kings, as this case will damage his image in front of the media and jeopardize his relationship with his kids." Nigel stepped down.

Then Celestine's lawyer came forth, "Your Honour, the defence will now call it's first witness forth, Mr. Fredrick Chae. The biological father of Mr. Vincent Chae and the grandfather of Ms. Lily and Mr. Jameson Chae."

"Father and grandfather, my foot." Roman muttered.

My father walked forth with an expression which made him look an innocent lamb. As if he had ever been that innocent.

"Please state you name in front of the court." The courtroom deputy said.

"Fredrick Chae," He said.

"Would you like to affirm or swear on the holy book?"

"Swear on the book." His reply made Miles roll his eyes.

"Do you swear that the evidence you are about to give is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?"

"I swear." He said with his hand on the bible.

"Please be seated."

"Mr. Chae, you are the biological father of Mr. Chae making you the grandfather of his children, is that correct?" Celestine's lawyer asked.

"Yes, it is."

"And you have chosen to not support your son in this trial, is that correct?" Like he will ever show any support to me.

"Yes," My father said.

"Why have you taken that decision? Could you state the reason behind your decision to the correct?" The lawyer asked.

"I have taken this decision because I want what is best for my grandkids. My son is a businessman with too little time to spare for his children. I am a single father myself and I know that is important for kids this age to grow with motherly love. And no matter how much my son tries he won't be able to give to his kids. So, I with stone on my heart I have decided to not show support to my son because it for the betterment of my grandkids." That man should be win an Oscar for this performance.