Chapter 38

Vincent's POV-

I sped through the streets of New York not caring about anything.

My daughter was missing.

Someone might as well have stabbed me a hundred times before even telling me this. When I reached the spot Eliza told me about the cops were already there. People were gathered around, I saw Eliza standing in between all that chaos. I ran to her.

Archer was standing in the middle of the police talking to them.

"What happened?!" I held her by her elbows and shook her.

"I don't know. I turned around for a moment and then she just vanished." She said. Her voice was perplexed.

"How can a fucking child vanish in broad daylight!" I screamed.

"Vincent, stop screaming. You are scaring me." Eliza said.

"Eliza I don't have time for this shit. My daughter is nowhere to be found and you are the one to blame." I ran a hand through my hair. My head was jumping through a hundred different scenarios. Each is worse than the one before.

"Me?" She asked.

"Yes, you. You were the one who just wanted to bring her to eat fucking ice cream." I said. She flinched.

"If anything happens to my daughter it won't end well for you," I warned her. Tears started rolling down her face. My heart ached at that but right now she was at fault. She was the reason Yu Eun wasn't here. It was because of her my daughter could be in danger.

"Vincent, I didn't mean this to happen to our daughter-" I cut her off.

"MY daughter, not yours. I regret choosing you as someone who can be a mother to my kids. I regret marrying you." I said.

"I am her parent too, Vincent." She said angrily.

"No, the fuck you are not. You are just someone I payed to look after my kids and you couldn't even do that." I spat.

She fell silent. Tears were flowing down her face.

"Sir, we searched everywhere for your daughter but she isn't here

"Sir, we searched everywhere for your daughter but she isn't here." An officer approached. "Can you give us the contacts for her friends and possible people she could've gone with?"

"She isn't a kid who'll get with someone just like this. But I'll give you the contacts." I said. The next fifteen minutes went in that process itself.

My heart snuck lower and lower with every passing second. If anything happened to my daughter I will die. I cannot live without her. Every moment I've had her with me passed in front of my eyes.

What if I never see her again? What if I lose my daughter forever? First my mother and now Yu Eun.

"Appa!" The sudden voice of Yu Eun brought life back inside me again. I looked in the direction of the voice and saw her running to me with the brightest smile on her face. Behind her was Miles walking casually. She stopped in front of me.