Chapter 25

Vincent's POV-

I woke up at my work out usual time. I had the habit of working out and then eating breakfast along with Eliza because she also woke up early for her studies. So, like always I went to the home gym and when I went to the dining I was surprised not to see Eliza there, instead there were different pots covered with a note kept on the table. I picked it up and read,

I am leaving early for the airport because I have to pick my brother up too. Don't worry I didn't take a taxi. Simon dropped me off. I have made breakfast already, just heat it up whenever you want it. I didn't want to wake you so I wrote this note. Make sure to give Jameson his medicine before you leave for work. Also, Martha will be a little late today. 

I will miss you all. See you in 3 days. *wink face*

P.S. Tell Lily there are chocolate truffles for her in the fridge. 

She left really early. I heated my breakfast and then gave Ye On his medicines. I woke up Yu Eun and got her ready for school. Meanwhile, Martha prepared her lunch. Yu Eun was sulking the whole time because she was missing Eliza. I had just realized how much I have become dependent on Eliza these days. From getting Yu Eun ready to helping me with gathering my stuff for the office. 

Simon took Yu Eun to school and I went to my office. 

Today some people were going to lose their jobs and face a nasty lawsuit. The media caught on to my and Eliza's marriage and there were articles circling the internet about us. Some of them were nasty and I am being generous with that word. People were calling her names and accusing her of being a gold digger. That was my last straw so, I put Nigel on the job to sue each and every media outlet promoting false rumors and images. 

I sat in my office and kept a record of the articles which slowly started to disappear. Joe called to say that Miles and Roman had come to see me. 

We had a talk together in which Roman told me that he was deciding to move to New York from LA. I fully supported that decision, it was better for his mental health that he got out of LA. All the media attention and paparazzi exposure wasn't good for anyone especially Roman considering his condition, but the only problem was Emma was still in New York. I could talk to her later. 

There was a knock on the door. 

"Come in," I said. 

"Sir, Mr. Fredrick Chae is here." Joe said.

"Why the fuck is he here?" Miles said. Roman put his hands on his face and groaned.

"Tell him I am busy," I said. I had enough shit going on in my life without my father adding to it. 

"I did, but he is adamant about seeing you and it is hard to hold him back." The poor boy sounded like he was about to piss his pants off.

"Send him in," I said. Joe nodded. 

In about a minute my asshole father entered my office with his assistant behind him. He looked nothing like the Fredrick Chae he once was. Now he had fallen from his glory and was a mere shadow of the man he once was. But the man still had the ego size of the Burj khalifa. 

"What a lovely sight. Three of my sons gathered together," He said.

"And what an unfortunate sight to see a shitface like you," Miles said. Roman smirked. He glared at them. 

"I am not here to waste my time on disappointments like you, Miles. I am here to talk to my son who's actually accomplished something in his life. Hello Vincent." He turned towards me and that look on his face was a warning that he was about to spit some unhinged shit.