Chapter 27

Vincent's POV-

I was feeling nervous after a longtime. I was at Eliza's parent's house. 

After the realization of my feelings hit me, I didn't waste anytime coming to Virginia. But I probably miscalculated the situation, I didn't realise how many people would be here. And to my utter surprise Eliza's ex boyfriend was also here.

Another thing I didn't think about was how I will express my feelings for her. One thing I am not good is social interactions. Eliza's parents were very good and kind people. Yu Eun loves it here. My daughter has grandparents for the first time. My father never even tried to interact with my kids and it's not like I would've let him anywhere near them. 

"Vincent, come on." Eliza held my hand pulled me with her. 

"Hold up," I held my suitcase as we walked up the stairs on the way to Eliza's room.

The bedroom had warm and cozy vibes and it was more than obvious that everything in the room was of her choice. 

"It isn't as big and luxurious as you are used to but you'll have to adjust." She dropped Ye On's small bag I had packed on the bed.

"It's fine." I said.

"So, what made you come here?" She asked.

"Umm... The kids missed you." In my defence it is not a complete lie. Yu Eun was sulking the whole morning without her there.

Eliza raised an eyebrow.

"And it's about time I met your parents. You know was your husband." I added to sound more convincing.

"What about your work?" She looked at me suspiciously.

"If my company can't run for three days without me then I am not doing my job right." I said in a duh tone.

"Okay. But you could've called me." She turned around to unpack.

"We wanted to surprise you." I said.

"Well I am glad you are here." She smiled at me.

The way my heart skipped a beat was absolutely absurd.

How did I not notice my heart had be doing this shit to me?

"You can unpack and keep your clothes and stuff in my closet." She motioned to her college.

I nodded.

While I was unpacking I had to deliberately hide the gift for her parents. I knew she would never approve of what I had bought.

I walked back from the closet to the bed. Eliza's back was facing me. I stood right behind her.

I still couldn't believe that I had caught feelings for her. I still wasn't sure if I just liked her or there was something more to it. I felt like a teenager again, liking a girl.

She suddenly turned around and because of the close proximity she bumped into me. I caught her by her waist but even my balance was lost and we both fell on to the bed, with me on top of her.

Time froze at that very moment. Everything around us slowed down. For me the world dissolved and it was just me and her.

Our eyes locked with eachother's. Her breath hitched. There were hardly some inches between our faces. My eyes went down to her lips. 

Eliza's POV-

Eliza's POV-

Holy fuck!

Vincent was on top of me. Not in a dirty context but slightly in a intimate way.

How the hell did we even end up in this situation?

My hands had braced his arms to secure myself during the fall and they just froze there.

His arms were of pure well defined muscle.

Our faces were so close to eachother. My breathing was heavy while his was restrained. His eyes travelled down to my lips and the look on his face was something which would haunt me in my wet dreams.

He looked like he was fighting between a dicision which I wanted to know but at the same time didn't.

We hadn't been this close for this much time ever.

To be honest this would've hardly been happening for two minutes but it felt like eternity.

His eyes fixated on my lips his face inched closer. My eyes automatically closed and my hands griped his shirt even more tightly.

"Mommmy! Appa!" Knocks on my door started bombarding.

Our moment broke and Vincent rolled from above me to my side and in a panicked way.

We both jolted up from the bed. My face flushed his expression weird.

"Yes honey?" I walked and opened the door to let Lily in.

"Halmeoni is calling you downstairs." She said.

"We are coming." Vincent said.

Lily turned to go down and I followed. I could feel Vincent's presence behind me as we walked down.

The moment that had just happened was awkard.

"Umma, you called us?" I asked.

"Yes. What are going to do about your costumes?" She asked.

"What about them? I already have mine ready." I said.

"Not about yours. I was talking about Vincent and the kids. I doubt they have bought costumes with them." She said.

"Costumes?" Vincent asked.

"Yes appa. Halmeoni and Haraboji's anniversary is Halloween themed and everyone has to wear costumes." Lily said excitedly.

"Oh." Vincent said.

"Let's do it the way we always to it. Using chits." I said.

"Fine." Appa said.

"Chits?" Vincent asked.

"Yes, actually we have the tradition of pulling out costume ideas from a bowl of chits." I said.

"Let's put five different chits and decide." Umma said.

Five chits were put in a small bowl.

"Me first!" Lily said.

She picked up a chit and opened it. "I am pirate! Arrrrr!" She swung her arm like a pirate's hook.

"I'll take one out for Jamie." I picked up a chit.

"My son's going to be a koala." I said.

"Appa it's your turn!" Lily said.

Vincent smiled at her and picked up a chit. When he opened it his face fell.

"You've got to be kidding me." He muttered.

"What? What is it?" I peeked at his chit and almost burst out laughing.

He got a joker.

"Can I do this again?" He asked.

"Absolutely not." I said.

"When are we getting the costumes?" Lily asked.

"Today. I am going to get some other things that's when I'll buy the costumes too." I said.