Chapter 5

Vincent's POV-

My room was beautiful to say the least. It had a cozy interior. It took me some time that day to arrange my room.

In between Martha came to tell me about the kids schedule

In between Martha came to tell me about the kids schedule. I hadn't met the youngest yet. At 7pm I was busy writing my thesis when Martha knocked on the door.

"Dinner is ready." She said.

"Coming." I replied. I closed my laptop, put down my glasses and went downstairs.

There was a long table with 8 chairs around it.

Vincent was sitting at the centre chair with his back turned towards me

Vincent was sitting at the centre chair with his back turned towards me. Lily was sitting to his right eating her food. There were different food items in centre of the table. Pasta, risotto, soup, polenta, and casserole. I went down and Lily saw me.

She waved her hand to me. I did the same.

"Eliza come and sit beside me." She patted the chair beside her.

"Sure." I went and sat beside her. Then I saw the reason why Vincent's back was facing me earlier. There was baby in a high chair with a bib around his neck. Vincent was trying to make him eat this food but he kept turning his face around.

"Ye On, eat." Vincent said.

Jameson babbled something to him. Vincent tried to force the spoon inside his mouth but Jameson blew the raspberry and all the food went on Vincent's face.

Lily started laughing and I tried to control my laugh.

"May I try?" I asked.

Vincent turned to me and stared for a second. Then he sat straight and said,

"Go ahead. But let me warn you, he hasn't eaten a single bite of the food." He picked up a napkin and wiped his face.

"Appa, let it be. It looks good on you." Lily said.

Vincent poked out his tounge to her.

I got up from my place and went to Jameson. I picked his spoon up filled it with some food and then pretended to add something from my plate in it.

Then I did what I used to do with my brother,

"Here comes the Chu Chu train. Chu, Chu, Chu," I moved the spoon in the air before taking it to Jameson's mouth. He kept looking at the spoon when I flew it through the air and opened up when it reached his mouth.

"Huh, so my own son just betrayed me." Vincent muttered. 

I chuckled and kept on feeding Jameson while simultaneously eating my food. The food was delicious to say the least. During dinner Lily told me about her kindergarten and her friends. Vincent just ate his food in silence.

That night around 1 am I went down to the kitchen to get some water when I saw someone move around the kitchen. It was Vincent.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Not at all." He said and kept searching for something.

I went to the refrigerator and drank some water.

"Do you need anything?" I asked him again.

"Yeah. I am looking for some medicine." He said.

"In the kitchen?" I questioned.

"Martha usually keeps it over here." He muttered going through cabinets.

He opened a door and said, "Found it!", Then less than a second later he cursed, "Shit!"

I peeked over his shoulder to find him holding a medicine which was used for indigestion or an upset stomach. 

"I can make you something to help." I offered.

"No need." He waved his hand. His stomach said the the quite opposite thing when it gurgled in response.

"You should go sit. I'll make you something." I said.

"You don't have to." He turned to me.

"You are my boss and helping you is my work. So, please and sit down." I said.

"Fine." He went to the living room.

After snooping around a little I found everything I needed to make Jook. It is type of a plain rice porridge which smooth and really easy to digest. My umma taught me this when I was about 8 years old. After cooking it I added some scallions, soy sauce and Nori to add a little taste. I also found some Kkakdugi which is diced radish kimchi.

I went into the living room and gave him the bowl.