Chapter 32

Vincent's POV-

I anxiously sat in the living room of Eliza's childhood home, waiting for her father to join me. The room was filled with photographs capturing cherished memories, a reflection of the love and warmth that had surrounded Eliza throughout her life. I slightly nervous.

Me. Someone who has given speeches and presentations to thousands of people throughout my life. Mr. Ahn asked me to come to the living room because he wanted to talk to me about something. Rest of the family was out in the backyard.

Finally, the sound of approaching footsteps broke the silence, and Mr. Ahn entered the room. His eyes held a mix of sternness and concern as he took a seat across from me.

"Vincent, I hope you understand that Eliza is my world," He began, his tone firm yet gentle. "She's always been determined, ambitious, and caring. As her father, it's my responsibility to protect her happiness."

I nodded, keeping voice steady as I replied, "I understand and respect your role in Eliza's life. I want you to know that my feelings for her are genuine and deep. I would never do anything to intentionally hurt her."

He studied me for a moment, his gaze piercing. "She's been through a lot, Vincent. Life hasn't always been easy for her, and she's worked hard to get where she is. I just need to be sure that you're in it for the long haul, that you won't break her heart."

"Mr. Ahn, I can't promise a life without challenges, but I promise to stand by Eliza's side through them all. I will support her dreams, uplift her when she needs it, and cherish her with all my heart. Breaking her heart is the last thing I want to do."

"I am telling you this because for us your relationship and marriage was an big surprise. I am being honest with you, no father wants to see his daughter married to someone he doesn't know. I was super skeptical about you two. I was even ready to come to New York to bring my daughter back but her mother stopped me, and I am glad she did. After watching you with her for the past two day I am rest assured that my daughter chose the right person." He said.

"I am truly honored that you have this trust in me and I promise you I'll never do anything to break it." I assured him.

"I know. As her father I just am concerned for my daughter. That human piece of trash Henry broke her heart and them all of us were afraid that she'll never let anyone new in her life again especially after finding out about her disease. But you and the kids brought her happiness back." He stopped for a second and continued.

"She canceled her surgery so that I can get treated. She has let go of many things from her childhood till now because I couldn't be enough to fulfil her wishes for it. I will always have that guilt with me. I want you to give me your word that you'll everything you can for my daughter. That you'll keep her happy no matter what happens." His voice turned stern again.

"I promise you. I would let go of everything I have if it means that she'll be happy." I meant every word of what I said.

His stern expression softened, his gaze holding a glimmer of understanding. "Vincent, I can see the love you have for my daughter in your eyes and hear it in your words. I want her to be with someone who appreciates her, respects her, and stands by her through thick and thin. If you can do that, then I have faith in your relationship."

A wave of relief washed over me. I know that gaining the approval and trust of Eliza's father was essential for our relationship.

I looked at him with utmost sincerity . "Thank you, Mr. Ahn. I will do everything in my power to make Eliza happy and to be the partner she deserves."

He nodded, a hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "I'm counting on you, Vincent. Take care of my little girl, and remember that she's the most precious thing in my life."

I promised him, "I will do my best, Mr. Ahn. Eliza means the world to me, and I will treasure her always."

In that moment, a mutual understanding and trust formed between me and him.

That afternoon we all got ready to leave. Even though I had spent two beautiful days here I needed to get home today no matter what happens. I have work to do.

I sat on a seat little far from everyone. As I was busy going through a proposal when I got a video call from Archer, which was weird in itself. He texted most of the time and called if it was necessary.

"Hel-" I was cut off by two of my idiot brothers.

"Eliza do you love me too?" Miles said in a mocking voice.

"Yes, I do." Roman tried to do a feminine voice.

"Will you two shut up?" I groaned. Ever since I told them what she said to me yesterday my phone has been being spammed by those two with weird romantic quotes and some cheesy shit.

Archer tried to hide the fact that he was in on this too.

"Is this the reason you called me?" I asked him.

"No. I wanted to talk to you about what you wanted me to plan." He said.

"Then talk and for fuck's sake throw those two out." I said.

"Appa! You said the bad word." Yu Eun gasped.

"Sorry, sweetheart. I won't do it again." I apologised.

"Vincent?" Archer called me.

"Yes." I turned my attention to him.

"I have had everything prepared and Isabella will pick up the kids." He said.

"Ooooo, Isabella," Roman teased him. Archer glared at him.

"Thank you for that Archer. I'll meet you when I land." I cut the call.

Tomorrow was going to be a special day.