Chapter 15

Eliza's POV-

I woke up early today and made a traditional Korean birthday breakfast for Lily. Miyeok-guk, rice, Gyeran mari, Bossam, and Kimchi. My mother made this for me and my brother on our birthdays. It was one of the best of parts of my birthday. Also, I wanted to give the kids my best. Even if the relation with Vincent was fake, my bond with the kids was real and meant so much to me. 

After arranging the food on a tray and adding the small cake Martha made yesterday with a candle I went to her room. I struggled to opened the door without letting the food fall. 

"I'll do it." A voice from beside me said. Archer was standing beside me with Roman and Miles behind me.

"Thanks." I said. 

"You made all of this?" Roman asked. 

"Yeah." I said. 

"That's impressive." He commented. I smiled at him.

"We are going to sing happy birthday when we enter and you have to too." Miles said.

"Will she be awake?" I asked. It was still early.

"Do Hyeok is already inside which means she is already awake." Miles said. I nodded. Miles took out his phone to record.

Archer opened the door and all four of started singing happy birthday. Lily was awake and Vincent was sitting beside her on the bed. Her eyes lit up when she saw all of us. She gave a blown up smile to us. We went to her and I placed down the tray in front of her. She immediately blew out the candles and grinned at us. Then she looked at the seaweed soup and made a face,

"What is that?" 

"That's Miyeok-guk. You've never had it?" I asked. She shook her head. 

"My umma makes this for me on my birthday, it is really tasty. Try some." I gave her the spoon.

She reluctantly had a little and her eyes went wide, "This is really yummy!" 

"Really? Let me try some." Miles said. 

I slapped his hand and warned him, "This is for Lily. I have made more you can have it then."

Lily stuck her tongue to him. Everybody laughed. Miles bent down and hugged her.

"Happy Birthday, little monster." He said.

"Let me eat, samchon!" Lily said. 

"Nah." Miles hugged her even tighter.

"Me too." Roman joined their hug.

"Me three." Archer said and added on the sandwich of men crushing the poor little girl. 

I laughed and took out my phone to take a photo. I glanced at Vincent and he was looking at all of them like they were his whole world. For the first time I saw him this happy. 

"Come on, let's go down for breakfast." I said. 

"Yes ma'am." Roman said. They finally let Lily go. 

About have through breakfast the baby monitor gave a notification. Jameson was awake. I got up and went to take care of him. He was the kind to child I always imagined I'll have but that ship sailed 2 years ago after that hospital visit. I try not to think about it but every time I see a small child I feel the pang of hurt in my heart. That is one of the prominent reasons why I am so attached to Lily and Jameson. 

I picked him up and kissed his cheek. He was still a little drowsy from his sleep. He rested his head on my shoulder while I patted his back. The tears of sorrow built up in my eyes. For the longest time I could remember I always wanted a happy family with me, my husband and our kids just like the family I grew up with.