Chapter 13

Eliza's POV-

"Mrs. Chae," Joe called.

"Yeah." I replied. That was something I would have to get used to. 

"Mr. Chae is calling you in the dining room." He said.

"Do you know why?" I asked getting up from the floor and picking up Jameson.

"You need to sign the marriage certificate." He said.

"Oh." I said.

We walked down the stairs. 

"By the way you can call be Eliza. There is no need to be formal with me." I said. 

To be honest, the Mrs. Chae title was too foreign and uncomfortable for me.

"Sure, Eliza." He said. I smiled at him. 

When we entered the dining room. There was man short, stubby man with a receding hairline. He looked like a human version of huge teddy bear. He was wearing a black and white suit. He was sitting on the dining table with Vincent discussing something. Lily, Miles, Roman and Archer were sitting at the end of the table playing ludo.

"Sir, Mrs. Chae is here," Joe said.

I gave him a disappointed look. 

"Eliza come and sit beside me." Vincent said. I was startled at his strange request but I complied. 

"This is Nigel Davis my lawyer," He introduced the man.

"Hello, Eliza Ahn." I said.

"Nigel Davis." He gave a polite nod.

"We have to sign our marriage certificate." Vincent informed me.

I nodded. The heads at the end of the table turned into our direction with curiosity. There was piece of paper in between me and Vincent. 

"Wait, wait, wait!" Miles got out of his chair and stood opposite of us.

"What happened?" Vincent asked irritated.

"I need to capture this historic moment." Miles took out his phone. 

"Miles put the damn phone down." Vincent warned.

"Appa! Language." Lily scolded.

"Yeah, Do Hyeok, mind your language." Miles mocked. Vincent narrowed his eyes at him. 

"Eliza, please go ahead and sign." Nigel said. 

I took a deep breathe in. I picked up the pen. I signed the space above my name. Then Vincent signed. 

"Now exchange the rings." Nigel said.

"Rings?" I questioned.

"The real one, not Yu Eun's flower ones." Vincent said.

"What's wrong with my rings?" Lily narrowed her eyes at Vincent. Like father, like daughter. I thought to myself.

"Nothing is wrong with your rings we just can't wear them on daily basis." Vincent explained. 

"Whatever." She sassed. Everyone there chuckled at her attitude.

I turned to to Vincent, he placed a box of rings on the table and took out the thinner one which was covered with diamonds around it. He took my left hand into his and slipped the ring on to it. The sound of Miles's camera went off. Then I removed the ring out of the box. This one was little broader than mine and didn't have any diamonds on it it was just a plain platinum band. I held Vincent's hand and with a slightly shaky hand I put it on. The camera clicked again. 

"Now kiss!" Lily shouted. 

I looked at her wide eyed. A hand rested on my jaw and made me turn. Look into my eyes, Vincent whispered, "Relax," then we slowly pulled me near his face and connected out lips. Just like the kiss at the wedding this was just a small peck. No one of us moved out lips. But my eyes did close. It was just the same if not more impactful on my heart. My poor, stupid heart. 

We pulled away and everybody clapped. My phone suddenly rang. I picked it up, it was the party planner of Lily's birthday.

"Hello," I said. 

"Hello, ma'am. I needed to know what color of balloons does Miss Lily want." She asked.

"Just a minute." I said, putting a hand on the phone I turned to Lily.

"Lily, what color of balloons do you want for tomorrow?" I asked her

"Sparkly dark blue with lots of glitter in them." She said excitedly. 

"Could you add sparkles and glitter in dark blue colored balloons?" I asked. 

"Sure." She said.

"Till what time will you be able to complete the decorations?" I asked her.

"We'll be done by 3:30 pm." She said.

"Okay." I said. I cut the call. 

"What time did she say?" Vincent asked.

Before I could answered my phone rand again. This time it was my mother. I got up from my chair and excused myself before going to the backyard. 

"Yeoboseyo," I answered.

"Ahn Seo Yeon, dangsin-ege museun il-i iss-eossnayo?" She said my full name which was scary to start with. Second her question did not make any sense at all.

"Amugeosdo anim. waeyo?" I asked.

"Jinan 4il dong-an wae uliege jeonhwahaji anh-assseubnikka?" She questioned me.

"Ah. Amu ildo il-eonaji anh-assda. naneun danji bappassda." I said feeling guilty for lying to her about the reality. But in my defence whatever had happened was so sudden and stressful that I didn't want my parents to worry.

"Bumonim-ege neomu bappayo?" She was angry.

"Aniyo. geuleon tteus-i anibnida. nan jigeum neomu manh-eun il-eul hago iss-eo, geuge daya." I explianed.

"Bab-eun meog-eoss ni?" She asked.

"Ye." I said.

"Momjosimhaseyo." She said.

"Ye. Neolang appaneun eottae?" I diverted the coversation.

"Ulineun gwaenchanhseubnida. ulineun dangsin-i manh-i bogo sip-eoyo." She said.

"Nado bogo sip-eoyo." I said. I really missed them everyday. I wish I could meet them.

"Jigeum gaya haeyo. Jal jinaeseyo. Annyeonghi gyeseyo." SHE SAID.

"Ye. Annyeonghi gyeseyo." I cut the call.

(Translation-

Eliza- Hello.

Her mom- What happened to you?

Eliza- Nothing. Why?

Her mom- Why haven't you called us in the last 4 days?

Eliza-Nothing happened. I was just busy.

Her mom- Are you too busy for your parents?

Eliza- No. That's not what I meant. I just too much workload right now, that's all.

Her mom- Did you eat?

Eliza- Yes.

Her mom- Take care of yourself.

Eliza- Yes. How are you and dad?

Her mom- We are fine. We miss you a lot.

Eliza- I miss you too.

Her mom- I have to go now. Take care. Bye.

Eliza- Yes. Bye.)

I looked down at the diamonds sparkling on my right finger. I still couldn't believe I had gotten through this without throwing up. Lying to my umma was always really hard for me. I wanted to tell them I had gotten married but I was going to deliver this news to them slowly. First I had to get used to it myself in order to convince them. I looked up at the evening sky and sighed. This wasn't the future I had planned for myself.