Chapter 22

Eliza's POV-

After my exams I was meeting Jenna in the cafe near my college. She was finally ready to talk to me after ignoring me for weeks.

I ordered us drinks and some chocolate croissants. My best friend entered the cafe like the fashionista she was, wearing a suit and sunglasses. She was the kind of person who wasn't afraid to say what's on her mind.

"Hey," I said in a small voice.

"What did you want to talk about, traitor?" She sat down opposite to me.

"Come on, Jenna. Cut me some slack. I even bought us chocolate croissants." I gestured towards the croissants.

"Hey, you owe me that much after getting married without telling me." She gave me a pointed look.

"Will give me a chance to explain what has happened?" I said.

"Go ahead. I have an hour before I have to go back to the hospital." She said.

I told her the truth about what had happened. There was no use of hiding it from her.

"So, you married him because you were broke and he wanted a faux wife?" She said.

"Well it sounds bad when you say it like that." I said.

"It is bad." She said.

"How?" I asked.

"Do you really think you'll be able to live with someone for that long without catching feelings for him?" She asked.

"I won't catch any feelings. Also our relationship is simply an arrangement." I argued.

"Didn't sound that way when you were talking about him right now." She sipped her frappucino.

"Now you are just making something out of nothing." I said.

"Maybe, but it's better to be careful." She said.

"I will be careful. So, are we back to normal again?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah. But you owe me." She said.

"How?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't get to be you maid of honour. We never had a bachelorette party. We didn't go wedding shopping or do a photoshoot. We missed so much. Do you even know many things we couldn't do which best friends are supposed to do!" She quite literally banged the table with each of her word.

"We can do it for your wedding." I suggested.

"If it happens." She muttered before sipping her drink.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said.

"Jenna Young, what were you talking about?" I used my strict voice.

"Me and Carter aren't exactly on the same page about the wedding. He wants to wait and I want to have it in a time period of 6 months." She said.

"So, what have you decided to do?" I asked.

"For now we are waiting." She didn't sound too happy about it.

"Anyways forget about me. Are you going to Chincoteague next week?" She asked.

"Yeah. How can I not go? My parents will murder me." I said.

This weekend was Halloween and my parents' 25th Anniversary. Yes, my parents got married on Halloween. Their choices always have been weird. Every year I got back for 3 days. This year my brother was coming with me. 

"Holy freaking hotness! Who is that?" Jenna's eyes were wide as tennis balls staring at something outside the cafe.

I turned to look at who she was talking about and it was none other than Vincent Chae in his dark brooding aura entering the cafe looking like he just came from a funeral. He looked straight at me and the look in his eyes almost made me spit my drink out. He walked towards me and rested his hand to the back of my chair.