Chapter 14

Vincent's POV-

At nine o'clock I set Ye Eun to bed. She immediately fell asleep after laying down. She must've been tried from today. She was the one who was most excited about this charade. I felt bad for lying to her about the relationship but it was for her own good.

I went back to my bedroom.

I sat on my bed, reading a sales report. In the last two days I haven't gone to the office. Two days worth of work was piling on my head. The tension and stress of the past two days finally was taken off of my shoulders.

Today on seeing Yu Eun's happiness made me realize that no matter how much I tried for her not feel the absence of her mother she did feel it. Even if I gave her the best I had she still felt the absence of a mother. This made me so angry at Celestine, if only she had stayed.

The door of my room opened and two figures carrying an absurd amount of pillows entered. 

"Keep it on the bed." Eliza's voice from behind a mountain of pillows. 

"Ye." Miles's voice came from the other the stack of pillows.

In the next moment an enormous stack of pillows piled up on my bed.

"What the?" I questioned. 

"Thank you, Miles." Eliza said.

"You're very welcome." Miles said. 

"Will one of you tell me what's going?"  I asked.

"I don't know. You're wife told me to help her and I did without questioning." Miles said.

"How many times did I tell you not to call me that?" Eliza narrowed her eyes.

"Sorry. Now I'll get going." Miles raised his hands in surrender.

"Yeah, go get your beauty sleep." I said. 

"And you enjoy your wedding night." He sprinted out of the room before either of us could murder him. 

"Idiot." Eliza muttered.

"Will you now tell me what is happening?" I said. 

"You said that I have to sleep in your bed." She casually shrugged. Then she moved sat the bed, picked up a pillow and put it near the headboard.

"What does that have to do with this?" I questioned.

"I am building a pillow wall between us so we can be in our boundaries." She kept on arranging pillows one behind the other and patting them.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yup." She replied.

"You think I'll try do something?" I asked her slightly offended.

"Nah. I think I will be the one who will do something." She said.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I am deep sleeper and I usually roll around in my sleep so not to make it uncomfortable for both of us I am making this wall. Also, if you try something I'll kick you where the sun don't shine and just so you know I am blue belt in taekwondo." She said. 

"Impressive. But I am a black belt." I boasted.

"Sure." She commented sarcastically.

"You don't believe me?" I asked.

"I definitely believe you, grand master." She rolled her eyes.

"I don't like anyone back talking to me." I narrowed my eyes.

"And don't like people blackmailing me into marrying them but here we are." She faced me.

"I am starting to regret asking you to marry me." I said.

"Well you are welcome to get an annulment. Just call me when you do that, for now I am sleeping." She drew the comforter on her body and turned to the other side. 

I sighed. Maybe I should've waited some time before deciding to marry her. I didn't know she was that sassy. Now I have two sassy women in my life one being my own daughter and the other is now my wife.  

"Can you switch of the lights?" Eliza asked.

"I need to go through this sales report." I told her.

"But I cannot sleep with lights on." She turned her face to me.

"Then cover your head with the comforter." I said.

"Uhhhhhh!" She aggressively pulled the comforter on her face. I chuckled at her anger. 

After I few minutes I decided to sleep as well. Tomorrow was Yu Eun's birthday I had to to get some sleep.

--------------------------------------

The next day I woke up, got ready and went to Yu Eun's room. It was early for her to wake up. I sat beside her on her bed. She was sleeping peacefully tucked in her blanket while holding her little fox toy. I brushed the hair out of her face and stared at her. I could still remember holding her for the first time in the hospital five years ago. She was hardly the size of my forearms. She was the bundle to happiness in my god awful life and she still is. From that day in the hospital five years ago my whole centre of focus changed. Yu Eun was the best thing that has ever happened to me. She is the one who made me human again when I was walking around dead inside. 

The only happy memories I could remember which weren't with my brothers were the ones I made with Yu Eun. She was my mini me, my best friend, my whole universe. The rest of the world became irrelevant the day she was born. For me the time was moving too fast. I wanted to relive every moment with her again from her first steps to the first time she said Appa. This little girl had me wrapped around her pinky finger. 

I leaned down and kissed her forehead. She stirred a little. Then she slowly opened her eyes. and gave a small cute yawn while stretching her hands. 

"Good morning Appa." She said .

"Good morning, baby." I said.

She looked at the clock and groaned. "It is too early to wake up." She rubbed her eyes.

"But somebody specifically told me to wake them up early." I ran my hand on the tiny face.

"Why?" She whined.

"Because it is somebody's birthday today." Her eyes grew wide when the realization hit her. She literally jumped awake. 

"It's my birthday!" She screamed. 

"I know." I pulled her in a tight hug and softly said, "Happy Birthday, princess." 

She wrapped her tiny hands around my neck and burried her face in my neck, "Thank you Appa." 

The sound of the door opening made us break apart.