Chapter 34

Vincent's POV-

By the look on Eliza's face I knew this date was a success. I booked the whole terrace view section of the restaurant for privacy and making sure we were in a open space rather than a room confining to four walls around us.

I wanted this date to be the best date of her life. A simple date wasn't going to cut it. It needed to be extraordinary. That's why the whole set up was here.

I looked at Eliza as she looked around in awe. Fairy lights were hanging from the railing of the terrace spreading a soft illuminated light all around. Flower petals led to a centre placed table.

When I saw her in that black dress back at home I was mesmerized. She looked beautiful, elegant and hot. That moment I realised I hadn't felt something like this in a long time or ever to be honest. I'd be lying if I said I didn't reconsider coming to dinner. At that moment I was ready to throw her over my shoulder and bring her to my bed.

But I am taking small steps in our relationship. Also, I wanted to give her enough time and wanted her to be comfortable with me. This date was going to set the standard for our future and I wanted to do everything I could to make this special.

I pulled one chair for her and then sat on the other one opposite to her.

"When you are ready to order, please just press that button and your server will be here." The manager said.

I nodded. He left and I turned to look at Eliza. She was busy admiring the view in front of us. The whole NYC was clearly visible from here.

"You like it?" I asked.

"Like it? I absolutely love it. I have never seen New York like this." She exclaimed.

"I am happy that you like it." The nervousness in me slightly lowered on the fact that she was happy with all this.

"But why did you book a private table?" She asked.

"This isn't a private table. I booked out the whole floor and had them to clear all the tables." I said.

"Why?" She asked, shocked.

"Because I like my privacy." I took the menu card.

"What's with you and privacy? You sent the kids to Archer's for the same reason." She sighed.

"Would you rather have this date splashed on the front page of every newspaper and magazine tomorrow morning?" I questioned.

"Fuck no!" She said.

"Exactly."

She took a sip of the wine served in front of us.

"What would you like to eat?" I asked.

"I don't know much about Italian food. You order for me too." She said.

I rang for the server.

"We'll have Veal Osso Buco, Pasta Alla Norma and Beef Braciole." I gave the order. After the server left an awkward filled and suddenly Eliza laughed. 

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"The fact the we have lived together for almost three months now but we that we finally have chance to talk to each other alone both of us are sitting in silence." She chuckled.

"The irony of it." I chuckled too.

"So, let me start. Hi, I'm Eliza Ahn. Nice to meet you." She extended her hand forward. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Eliza. I am Vincent Chae. Thank you for agreeing to go on a date with me." I played along.

"What is your ideal type?" She asked.

"A 5'5 korean american woman with jet black hair and a beautiful smile. Someone who looks calm and quite from outside but will turn your whole world upside down. What about you?" 

"Oh, my type is definitely Chris Evans." She said. 

"You were suppose to say it was me." I told her.

"Why would I lie?" She teased.

"I'll have to put of with this for the rest of my life now." I groaned playfully but her expression changed to a serious one.

"Rest of our life?" She repeated.

"Eliza,"' I took her hand in mine, "If it's you and me, it's you and me forever. I'm yours and you are mine. We are in this for the long haul." 

She looked at me with the warmest smile ever, "Forever."

The food came shortly after and the conversations drifted from one topic to another. I felt happy and content more than I've ever felt in my life. Being with Eliza makes me feel complete. The dream life of any guy a loving wife, two precious kids and a happy life. 

When the dinner was over I asked Eliza, "What do you want for dessert?"

"Gelato." 

"I'll order one." I said. 

"No, not here. There is Gelato store a few blocks from here, they have the best Gelato you'll ever taste." She said.

I was skeptical at first but she made those puppy dog eyes with a pout and I gave in. When it came to Yu Eun and Eliza I couldn't say no.

Paying the bill I started driving towards the Gelato shop she suggested. During the drive she connected her phone to the bluetooth and played the music. She started singing along and slowly her volume rose to the point where I was pretty sure everyone could hear from the outside. She laughed in between and it wasn't a small laugh it was full blown laughter which echoed throughout of the car. I had never seen her this happy and outspoken.

But I didn't mind, not even a little bit, in fact I laughed along with her horrible singing skills. Even though her voice wasn't particularly melodious but I could listen to her singing for the rest of my life if it meant she was this happy. She looked so cute. I knew at that moment that all those years I spent without having her in my life were a waste. 

We stopped at the Gelato shop and went inside. It was a small shop on a corner.