Chapter 43

Vincent's POV-

We all stood outside the court. Miles, Archer, Roman and April were here too. Nigel had told me to bring everyone who was a internal part of the kids' life. Today the kids were here too. Yesterday, I tried my best to explain the situation to Yu Eun but she got afraid thinking she'll have to leave me and Eliza.

Ye On was sleeping comfortably with Archer. It was till early for him to wake up.

Eliza wasn't here yet and I was getting worried. She did say that she will be here on time, though. Celestine's family walked up to the entrance of the court where we all were standing.

"Hello, Vincent. It is good to see you all again." Celestine looked at everyone and none of them had a pleasant expression on their faces.

"We can't say the same." April smiled sarcastically. Celestine's nostrils flared.

"Oh my god, Lily. You've grown so much." Celestine's mother took a step towards Yu Eun.

"Appa," Yu Eun took a step behind me and held on to my hand tighter.

"You are making my daughter uncomfortable, don't come near her." I said.

"She will have to grow comfortable, after all she is going to have to stay with us from now." Roger smiled in a way which made me want to knock all his teeth out.

"Come here, Lily. It's me, your real mom." Celestine said.

"Appa, where's mommy?" Yu Eun let out a sob. I picked her up.

"Yes, where is your wife, Vincent?" Celestine taunted.

Where are you, my love?

"Where she is, isn't any of your business." Miles gritted.

"It is definitely my business, Miles. Isn't she my so called replacement?" She crossed her arms.

"Replacement of you? You wish. Calling her your replacement is a fucking insult to her. She is much better than you ever were or will be." Miles snapped.

"Miles, that's enough." I said to him.

"Yeah, Miles. You don't get to have a say in this. I am their mother." She said.

"You do know that you are their mother? Because funnily, me, Roman. Archer and April were more involved in their life than you ever were." Miles angrily spit.

"Appa, why is everyone fighting?" Yu Eun sobbed in my neck. Before I could answer a voice interrupted.

"Lily!" Eliza was standing on a few feet from us with her hands full of bags and beaming smile. That smile comforted me on levels even I couldn't understand. As she walked towards us the whole attention shifted to her.

"Mommy!" Yu Eun slid down me and ran to Eliza. She hugged her tightly.

"My baby." Eliza knelt down to Yu Eun's level. "Why are you crying?"

"I missed you, I thought you were not coming." Yu Eun cried.

"Do you really think I'll ever leave you?" Eliza wiped her tears. "You are my baby and I'll always be here with you."

"Then why are you late?" Yu Eun asked.

"I had a project to submit to my teacher. I told you yesterday, remember? And on my way here I stopped for doughnuts for all of us." She held up the dunkin' donuts bag for Yu Eun.

"Doughnuts?" My daughter finally stopped crying and a small smile made a way on her face.

"Yeah, see. I got you Chocolate Kreme, strawberry frosted and chocolate glazed munchkins." Eliza stood up and held Lily's hand while walking to us.

"Morning, everyone. I am so sorry for being late. But I brought us all breakfast. Maple Long John and Iced Macchiato for Miles. Boston Cream doughnuts and Matcha Latte for Roman. Black coffee for you Archer. And for April Cinnamon Raisin doughnut along with a iced coffee." Eliza handed each of them their foods. Everyone was surprised but happy.

"Here are your doughnuts, Lily." She gave Yu Eun her box and our daughter finally had a big smile on her face again.

"Hey, babe." Eliza tip toed and gave me a feather light kiss. My arm naturally rested on her hips and I closed my eyes for moment to the peace I felt at that moment.

"I brought you a fruit punch fresher to calm you nerves." She handed me a red coloured drink.

Did I know what that was? Fuck no. Was still gonna finish that whole drink in a single go? Absolutely yes.

"You really should stop acting like you care about them. No matter what you do, I am taking my kids back." Celestine said.

Eliza turned to look at her and with the sweetest smile she said the bitterest words ever, "You mean the kids you abandoned? Or the kids who were raised by their father no knowing for a moment what mother's love is until I came along?"

"You better watch your mouth! I AM THEIR BIOLOGICAL MOTHER!" Celestine screamed.

"And I am the mother they love. Also, please keep your voice down, we are in front of the court. Have some respect." Eliza said with the a calm voice.

"You-" Celestine's mother pulled her back a few steps and calmed her down.

"That was awesome." Roman mouthed to Eliza. She gave him a wink.

"I thought you wouldn't come." I whispered to Eliza.

"I am not leaving you or our kids. It seems like you are stuck with me for the rest of your lives." Eliza said.

"I love you," I kissed her forehead.

"I love you too." She said.

"Eliza, Vincent." Nigel's voice came from behind us. "We are needed in the court room now. Justice Hanson is here."

"Okay." I said. Eliza picked up Lily.

I locked our hands together and started walking to the biggest battle of my life.