Chapter 46

Eliza's POV-

"Finally we get to hang out like old time." Jenna sighed. 

"Yeah, I finally have a break from my life." I replied. Today me and her were on a dayout together. We had lunch at a cafe then went to the movies, did some shopping and now we are at the nail salon getting our nails done and sipping on lattes.

"After this you should try on the dress we just bought along with the boots ." She said. 

"Where? Both of our houses are miles away from here." I rolled my eyes.

The nail tech looked at me, "Our shop has a trial room. You can use it."

"Really?" I asked. 

"Yeah, anyways I will be done with your nails in about five minutes. You can go and try on your clothes while your friend gets done with her nails." She suggested. 

"Okay." 

After getting my nails done I went to try on the dress. I did try it on while buying but not with the boots. It was a navy blue mid-thigh dress with gold buttons on it and to go with the color pallet my boots were caramel knee length. The whole look came together with my new earrings which were a gift from my husband and my freshly done nails. 

I came out of the dressing room and Jenna was standing there in front

"Woohoo! You look so hot right now, Liz, that your husband will faint just by looking at you." She hooted.

"Thank you." I blushed. Somehow even after being married for months I still blush when someone calls Vincent my husband. 

My phone rang from my bag. Jenna took it out and said, "Ah! Speak of the devil. Aww, you saved his name as 'my husband'."

"Give me my phone." I snatched my phone. 

"Hello," I answered it.

"Mommy! Come here fast. I am scared." Lily's frightened voice came from the other side.

My heart started beating faster, "What happened, baby?"

"Appa... he fell... he fell down and he is not waking up." She whimpered. 

"What?" I felt a pit in my stomach. "Where are you right now?" 

"We are in our backyard." She said. 

"Okay, stay there. Tell Martha to call the ambulance, I'll be there." My words made Jenna serious. 

"Mommy, come home quick. I am scared." Lily said in broken words and cut the call.

"What happened?" Jenna asked.

"I don't know but I have to get home quick. You are a doctor right, come with me." I pulled her out of the shop. The drive to my home was so stressful. Thousand scenarios went through my head and I prayed to god every moment that nothing had happened to Vincent.