Agony

It was all darkness when Jungkook opened his eyes. It took him a while to understand why the room looked unfamiliar. The white walls felt like strangling him as he slowly remembered what happened before he was unconscious. The blood… Jiu…crashed car - he tried to sit on the bed only to find out how painful it was. A grunt escaped his mouth which woke up Jimin who was curled up on a tiny chair. "Jimin, Jiu? I need to go find her. How is she? " The ravenhead said as he tried to stand up on his wobbly legs. Jimin rushed to hug his best friend who kept throwing his hands to get away from him and  found his love. Jimin could not take it anymore and burst into tears holding his 'brother' in a strong embrace. 

Jimin and Kook grew up together since they were toddler. Though Jimin will prefer to call Kook his best friend, Kook introduces Jimin as his elder brother. Jimin lost his parents as a child and ended up at an orphanage run by Jungkook's family. Jungkook met him there and their bond started to grow stronger with time. Kook's mother adopted Jimin but he never felt the love of his adoptive parents. He was clueless about the whole adoption thing until he got to know it was Kook who practically threatened his parents by starving himself. 

But today, he has no shame in accepting Jungkook as his brother. His strong, confident brother looked so fragile in his arms, how could he not? 

What happened to Jiu? Please tell me Jimin. She is my life, I will not be able to live if anything happens to her. Please. Please. Is she alright? " Kook kept muttering. "Baby, you should rest. Once you are strong enough, you can meet her yourself. For now, rest." Jimin tried to calm him down. 

"Jimin, why don't you tell me how she is?" Jungkook yelled. Jimin's silence did not confuse him, but affirmed the negative thoughts that were engulfing his mind. His mind feared that Jiu is no longer with him but his heart kept on assuring that his love will never let Jiu go. His hands got sweaty and his feet trembled as he softly landed on the white hospital bed. He was almost losing his mind, his brain went foggy and he lacked words to talk about anything anymore. Unconsciousness is sometimes more comfortable than life itself. He prayed to God to take his life and give back her Jiu. He would be more than happy to exchange their situations, even if that means he will not live anymore and Jiu is having a happy and healthy life. 

Three months passed… Jimin and Jungkook are now more than brothers. Jimin has happily taken up the responsibilities Kook's father should have. He takes care of the younger and tries to feed him occasionally who has no interest in eating, sleeping and grooming. He is regretting every minute of his life, holding himself responsible for Jiu's death. Surviving alone without having the loved one beside is tough, but it is pure agony to know that he is responsible for their death. He has thought of taking his own life several times but the love in Jimin's eyes stops him from unaliving himself. The survival guilt was hard for him but Jimin is more determined to bring back his Kook who had bright stars in his innocent doe eyes, a soft smile lingering on his lips. He will never give up and now all Jimin needs is to give Jungkook a purpose to live. To smile, to laugh, to love and to LIVE again. 

Staying Inside those grey walls will never give Jungkook a reason to love life. Moreover, his guilt will eat him up more. Jimin decided to take Kook to his country home where he lived with his parents as a child. To him, it is more like reliving his childhood with his brother. His heart swelled with hope and happiness.

Author's note: Another update. Picture not mine and from Google. I will update soon. If anyone gets to this novice writing, please pat my back with your encouraging words.