Crossed Path

“Well so our conversation ends here Jungkook. I will not let them go. You can do whatever you want but I need Taehyung at any cost. You know what I can do right? You will not like to see your mother suffer. Same goes for Jimin. Remember son, whatever you do, your loved ones will pay for it.” Mr. Jeon left the house leaving Jungkook in guilt, fear and hopelessness. 

He knew whatever his father said was absolutely true. He would not think twice before punishing his loved ones but how could he break his promise to Jimin? 

Jungkook did not know the Kim family personally and he could not risk Tae’s life. He decided to meet Taehynung and his parents without wasting any time. He needed to assure them that he will not let his father harm Taehyung.

“Sorry Mr. and Mrs. Kim for visiting without any prior notice. I am Jeon Jungkook, and I am here to discuss the marriage proposal.” Jungkook said while sitting in the living room of Tae’s house. His words caught the Kims off-guard. They were utterly confused, a few minutes ago, Mr. Jeon wanted them to give up their boy and now his son had come to ask for marriage. They could not understand what was actually going on. Jungkook could clearly read the confusion and understood Tae had not explained anything to his parents. 

“Though you might know me as Jeon’s heir, I am not on good terms with my father. A few days ago, my brother met Taehyung and he asked Tae’s consent to marry me. I am ready to pay the whole debt in exchange for marrying Taehyung.” Though Mr. Kim found a little hope but he was not sure how to feel. He was scared that if he turned out like his father then that might ruin Taehyung’s life. Before he could say anything Tae decided to interrupt, “Before my parents say anything, I want to talk to you Mr. Jeon.”

“Yes sure Taehyung, but I would be thankful if you call me Jungkook, instead of Mr. Jeon.” Taehyung nodded and asked Jungkook to follow him. 

“Are you sure you want to marry me? Won’t you regret it later?” Tae asked Jungkook. He stared away to avoid letting Kook see his vulnerability. “Yes, I am sure I want to marry you, but I am not here to force you to marry me. You are much younger than me and probably yet to experience love. I will never be able to love you and I assume you know the reason. But I have promised Jimin hyung to keep you safe and I will try to do that. I am aware of my father’s proposal and I don’t think you know what he meant. I will never force you to play the husband in our relationship and you will be free to leave me when you want. Just think of this as a marriage of convenience and nothing else. I will keep you safe from my father and all you need to do is pretend to be a loving husband in front of Jimin Hyung. That’s all!” Jungkook said everything and Tae listened to him calmly.

“I will pay you back the debt as soon as possible.” Tae replied.

“No need. You don’t have to pay me. For now, don’t agree with my father and if he or his men come, inform me over the phone. I need to take care of a few things before I can take you with me, “Jungkook said. 

He was about to explain everything to Mr. Kim but Tae assured him that he would talk to his parents. Jungkook came out of the house smiling at his victory over his father but little did he know, victory can turn into failure in no time. 

“Mr. Jeon, Jungkook has proposed to Taehyung and he has accepted. Both are preparing for marriage. Are there any instructions for us?” the man in black informed his boss over the phone.“No need. I will handle it myself.” He disconnected the call to have his best men do the task- “I need him in the basement by tomorrow morning and don’t hesitate to end Jungkook if he comes your way. Take your best men, do anything, I want Taehyung at any cost.”