Frozen

“Hey, Taehyung, how are you doing today? Wow, already looking like a bright day?” Jimin said as he approached Taehyung who was sitting by the pond and expecting to meet Jimin. Yesterday was a tough day for him but Jimin’s hug healed him. Now he has made up his mind to confess his feelings to Jimin. He is not the type of person to give out hints to the person he likes, he would rather be straightforward and tell them how he feels. So he gestured to Jimin to sit beside him.

“Jimin, I was looking forward to talking to you today. I have something to tell you. You might think I am rushing things a bit but please first listen to me and then reply.” Taehyung’s words confused Jimin and he was not sure what he was talking about. Tae read the undecipherable expression on Jimin’s face and decided to continue, “The moment I saw you I thought you to be the prettiest creation on earth. I wanted to paint you, capture your gorgeousness … I wanted you as my muse. Then I met you and talked to you. Now all I know is I like you. I want your presence in my life. Will you please accept me and let me be a part of your life?” Tae looked at Jimin with eyes full of stars but soon sadness filled Jimin’s eyes. The happiness on his face was shadowed by concern.

“Tae I have something to tell you too. I will also request you to be patient and hear me out. I am thankful that you like me and I would love to accept you within my family. But, I cannot get romantically involved with you at this point. I have already promised someone my heart and he is my long-time friend Suga. However, I want a favour from you.” Jimin’s answer broke Tae’s heart but he decided not to show it and let Jimin talk. 

“The day I talked to you, I saw the warmth of the sun in you. I might sound ridiculous but I thought you could be the healing crystal for my brother Jungkook. He lost the love of his life in an accident and he considers himself to be guilty. He is living like a corpse and it’s hard for me to endure. I saw how vibrant your presence is, it can wipe out every pain. Please teach him how to live. I have nothing else to look forward to. I need to ensure the wellbeing of my brother before I leave…” 

Tae sits still and hears him out, but he does not want to get married to a stranger. He has always dreamed of having a happy life with the person he loves. He is never going to accept Jimin’s offer. He was going to reject Jimin, but…

“Tae, I know your family’s condition because your father took the debt from Jungkook’s father’s company. Today they returned to collect money and I met the debt-collectors when they were leaving. I can talk to the owners to settle the debt if you decide to marry Jungkook. I don’t want to force you but I am giving you a choice.” These words stopped Tae from blurting out no. He stopped and stared at him. He has now got an easy way to save his family but fear crept in his mind. Fear of getting trapped in a loveless marriage started to get him and he stood up on his wobbly legs. He ran away from there leaving a very confused Jimin behind.

“Jungkook, you should eat more…I know I am a terrible cook but I did my best to prepare this meal.” Jimin whined. Jungkook stared at his plate but he did not have any appetite. He tried to convince Jimin, “You know I had snacks, and I am full. You should have cooked for yourself only.” Jimin was very sure, Jungkook barely knew where he had kept the snacks, let alone eat them- , “So Jungkook which snacks did you eat to make you this full?” Jungkook isn't great at lying, “S-stop with your questions already. I am telling you I am full.” Before Jimin could tell anything he started coughing and Jungkook rushed to bring him some water. Blood was coming out of Jimin’s mouth and his body started shaking. He could not keep his eyes open and failed to reach his cabinet where he hid his medicines. His eyes got droopy and he managed to dial Suga before he lost his consciousness.