Goodbye

Tae is generally not so busy during this time of the day and therefore he prefers to spend time painting. All the pups are with him too and they form a circle where Tae sits and paints. Their serene sleeping pose calms down his heart too. They are the last connection he has with Jeon mansion and all the pleasant memories start playing in front of his eyes when he spends time with them. He was busy planning a cityscape sitting by his huge glass window and staring at the busy city from one of the top floors of the apartment. The sudden doorbell almost startled him.

He felt too weak to even stand when he saw the person standing in front of the door. The person he never expected to see again, the person he craved the most, was standing in front of him. It was difficult for him to hold back when all he wanted was to jump in his arms. The person looked very different. Jungkook lost a lot of weight; there were prominent dark circles under his eyes. His lips were chapped. The dark aura that was once very signature of Jungkook is now gone. He looked frail but nothing could dull the warmth of his gentle smile.

“I know I am not very welcome here, but won’t you ask me to come in?” Jungkook’s sweet voice gave goosebumps to Tae. He was almost lost for words and could not speak. He could not control his emotions any further and tears started streaming down his eyes. He rushed inside leaving the door open. 

Jungkook’s heart felt a pang seeing Taehyung like this; he expected Taehyung to be happy here and he never thought his presence would cause him this much pain. Anyways this will be his last time visiting Taehyung and he will leave him forever. The word leave was painful for him too; his sad smile could clearly reflect his wounded heart that was bleeding constantly. But, Taehyung was not responsible for those wounds, he himself was.

-“Jungkook, why are you here? I thought Hyung promised me that they will never let you come here.” Taehyung said while he stood with his back facing Jungkook. His words pierced Jungkook’s heart but he could not see the desperation in Tae’s eyes.

- “It's not their fault, they never wanted to tell me. I forced them to; I am leaving for somewhere but the thought that I caused you pain kept being my burden. I want to unburden myself before I start afresh or maybe I want to end this chapter. I am not here to bother you. I am here to ask forgiveness, though I know it will be hard to get.” Jungkook stared at the floor. 

- “See Jungkook, I have already moved on. I do not hold any grudge against you. I have forgiven you, but you know it’s hard to forget. I don’t care how others have treated me, but every pain inflicted by the person you love hurts more. The bullet wound was nothing, it is already healed. But your actions made me bleed more, the scars are still here and there and nothing can heal them easily.” 

Jungkook looked into Taehyung's eyes and there was only pain and sadness. He loves Taehyung’s brightness but now it is faded and his dark cloud is the reason. He felt even more guilty; he can go away from Tae’s life but can he bring back his sunshine? This thought kept bugging him. 

- “I know I cannot heal you in any way because your wounds are deep. But, if anything I can ever do for you, you can ask me for it.” These words almost clicked something in Taehyung. After everything, what can Jungkook do to make him feel better? These words sound hollow to him. His own pain could not let him see the hurt in Jungkook’s words. 

- “You are crazy Jungkook. There is nothing you can do for me. If you think I am going to get back to you, please know you are wrong. I am not going to go back to you any more.” Tae yelled at him and started shaking as his tears flowed freely.

A gentleman who was standing at the corner the whole time, and Taehyung and Jungkook were unable to see him till now. He came forward and hugged Tae gently, “Bear, don’t cry. You are my strong bear. Things will be alright.” and Tae leaned on his chest crying his heart out. 

- “Hi, I am Park Bogum, his local guardian. Mr. Jeon, I would suggest you leave.” Jungkook was not thinking clearly. The moment he saw him holding Tae, he felt like Tae wasn’t alone anymore. A soft sad smile came on his face; now, he can go without any worry. Tae has found his freedom and now he will find his.

He slowly left the duo behind and Tae saw him going. He could see Jungkook crying but Jungkook’s last words made his heart feel empty.

“Tae, hope you find your happiness. Goodbye. Wherever I am, I will always love you.” 

Authors note: I wanted to update much earlier. But accidentally deleted three  upcoming episodes of the story and two episodes of another story. So it took me a while the write all the things again. Next update will be soon. Because it's already written. Just a few minor corrections are to be done.
Dear readers, take care of yourself. Every time you read my story it feels like a encouraging pat on my back. Thank you for your support. May you have a nice day. Stay safe and happy. 💜