Truth untold

Jungkook does not remember life being kind to him except for a few occasions and meeting Taehyung is one of them. When he was shot and lost his consciousness, the only thought that occupied his mind was Taehyung. He did not care about the pain, a strange feeling of calmness filled his mind. Today after almost a week he regained his consciousness and regretted the moment he realised it. When he woke up, he found teary-eyed Jimin sitting by his bed. Even he could see the disappointment in Jungkook's eyes. After that day, Jimin, Suga, Jin and Hobi Hyungs come to meet him almost everyday. But, all of them can attest to one thing that Jungkook looked lifeless.

Today is just another day for Jungkook and he is eagerly waiting to be released so that he can continue with his original plan. Jimin is sitting silently and contemplating whether he should ask the question he was dying to ask. His mind was still in doubt but he decided to talk to Jungkook this time, “Kook, I have a question and hope you will answer it directly.” Jimin’s voice was almost trembling but there was no change in Jungkook’s expression. “Why did you hand over your properties and company to me?” A small and gentle smile crept on Jungkook’s face, “I don’t need them now. The company needs an owner to do good and you see I am totally broken, not much functional. You and Suga hyung can handle everything.” A sign left Jimin’s mouth as his brother continued with a pause, “Hyung, I am tired. I need rest.” 

Jimin stared at Jungkook’s face; it looked like he lost the colour of his face as if he was suffering from some serious disease. The bunny smile that used to make his day now nowhere to be found. Jungkook’s chapped lips continuously take the name of Taehyung and other than that he does not speak much. Jungkook has forgotten to live again and this time, it’s his fault. He could not endure it anymore and rushed out of the cabin.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suga’s home office is generally crowded because his family business is now his responsibility and a lot of visitors come for his help. But, for the last few days it’s empty as Suga is busy handling the police. That day he reached at night with Jimin to talk to Jungkook, and they were exactly on time. Jihyun’s bullet pierced Jungkook’s chest and he fell down. Before Jihyun could fire another shot, Suga’s bodyguards silenced him forever. Jungkook’s life was in danger but fortunately the bullet did not hit any critical organ. So despite his lack of cooperation in treatment he survived.

Though Jimin is still reluctant to tell Jungkook the truth, Suga is more than willing to reveal everything. Jimin still thinks he was the one responsible for Taehyung’s misery but Suga thinks, Jungkook or Jimin alone aren’t responsible, it’s the situation. He has also seen Jungkook breaking down day by day. He saw the CCTV footage of the living room and he was shocked to see Jungkook willingly taking the bullet without defending himself. He is scared of losing Jungkook too.

“I think he deserves to know the truth.” Suga’s words alerted Jimin. “But what if he wants to get Taehyung back again?” A frown of discomfort was clear on Jimin’s face. “It’s not for us to decide. It’s their life, and they need to decide. We are their family to support and we are nobody to take decisions on their behalf.”

Jimin can still clearly remember the day; he saw Jungkook and Taehyung lying in each other’s arms when the police went to rescue them. They were both taken to hospital, but Taehyung was in a coma. Doctors could not give them any hope but Jimin was adamant to keep him alive. He took Taehyung to the USA and tried his best to have the best doctors on board. Almost four months later Taehyung opened his eyes and Jimin decided to keep him with his parents. 

Jimin did not want Taehyung to get back to Jungkook because his actions needed punishment. With Jungkook, Taehyung will always be in the face of danger because Jungkook himself was the danger. So, Jimin helped Tae enrol in the best art school with the hope that Taehyung will forget Jungkook like a nightmare and have a bright future ahead. Taehyung did not say Jungkook’s name even once and Jimin thought it was for the best. Leaving Tae with his parents, he came back to Korea. But, his anger did not subside, he stopped visiting Kook and let him rot in hell, because he deserved that.

Suga glanced at Jimin only to find silent tears running down his eyes. If a memory can inflict so much pain on his mind, he could only imagine how much the incident could have hurt him. “But it’s not time to look back at the past and cry. It’s time to see for the future and there is nothing we can do other than letting them face each other.” Jimin wiped his tears and nodded silently. 

___________________________________________________________________________

It was again another day, Jungkook was refusing to have his food and the nurse was almost trying to feed him as if he was an eight-year old. This scene has become a regular to her, so she was almost forcing the spoon in his mouth.

“Jungkook, hurry up. We need to talk. Finish your food fast or I won’t say anything and it’s about Taehyung.” Neither Jungkook, nor the nurse noticed Jimin and Suga coming inside. Taehyung’s name calmed Jungkook like a snake under the charm of a snake-charmer. He almost gobbled the food so that he could know what  Suga had to say about his baby. 

Suga gestured to the nurse to leave the cabin and he continued, “Jungkook, I want you to know something. You may not be able to forgive us for the rest of your life, but I hope you understand our point and then judge us.” Jungkook was totally confused about it. He thought it was a memorial that Suga wanted to talk about but from his words, he was sure it was something other than that.

It felt like bomb dropped in the room,

“Jungkook, Tae is alive.”

Author's note:

I am angy. So, it turned out Jimin knew everything about Tae but he did not tell me Or the readers.

Here is another chapter for my lovely readers. Hope you will like it. Keep yourself healthy and never lose hope. Stay happy and smile a lot 😃