Heart To Heart

“Tae, I know that Jungkook is a great guy but your marriage with him is not only about him. Are you sure you love him and it’s not your gratitude that is leading you to infatuate? First be sure of it and then decide, otherwise both of your lives will be ruined. Though I might not agree to your marriage with Jungkook, it's your call. I will accept whatever you decide.” Taehyung is presently sitting in the living room of Jin’s house and he has finally met his mum. He came with a happy heart but now his mind is conflicted. In all the novels, he read that love is time-tested but he never got to experience that.

“But, mum, he takes care of me so well. And he is a very caring lover. He often talks about Jiu and I can feel his love for her. He talks about her favourite things and choices like they are his own. Please Mum, don’t worry, he promised to take care of me.” Mrs. Kim stared at Tae’s face, blushing with the thought of his new love. Mrs. Kim could not disagree with Tae and slowly nodded her head giving her consent to the marriage proposal. A brighter smile flashed on Tae’s face as he stared down shyly. But the lady could not share his joy, she was more  than worried, “You don’t sound like you are in love with him, you are in love with the way he loves.” 

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jungkook, these are the rings I have bought. Please check them. If you don’t like it, I will exchange them.” Hobi is presently sitting at Jungkook’s cabin with the shopping he did for the two grooms. He wanted Jungkook’s approval for the ring design but he looked totally uninterested. 

“Hyung, you know that there is nothing to celebrate in this marriage. I want to keep Jimin Hyung happy and Taehyung needs shelter and care. This is all about mutual dependence, I don’t love him or anything…” Hobi clearly understood everything but the hesitation in Jungkook’s voice hinted something else. Both Taehyung and Jungkook are like his brothers and he is not ready to see any of his brothers suffer. He desperately wanted Jungkook to realise that it is not a sin to fall in love. He is given a new chance and not everybody becomes that fortunate. He smiled softly with the thought that how good a couple would Taekook make once they accept each other as lovers!

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook is hesitant, scared and drowning in guilt - he is not sure if he should marry Taehyung. Everytime the hyungs bring up his marriage he is feeling ashamed. He is feeling like he should tell them the truth and stop the ceremony. But he does not have the heart to hurt them, so he is silent all along even though he is feeling the pain. At this point, his lips and mind are expressing contrary things. He told Hobi that he does not care about the ring but his mind was getting curious. He got up and unpacked the rings - one had a small diamond with floral design. He held the ring and imagined how pretty it would look on Tae’s long slender finger and how much the boy would like it! Before a small smile could appear on his face, Jiu’s smiling face came to his mind. His hands trembled and he dropped on the ground on his knees. He was sobbing at this point. He wants to be loved, his heart desires to experience it, but his guilt is holding him back.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung came to Jungkook’s office with Jin after visiting his mum and was sitting outside Jungkook’s cabin when he saw Hobi leaving. He thought Jungkook was done and he entered the cabin. A heart-breaking scene was unveiled in front of him. Jungkook was crying his heart out while holding a ring, which he assumed to be their wedding rings. He rushed to him and could understand the turmoil he was experiencing.

“Jungkook, I want you to know something. This marriage is not a way to wipe out Jiu Noona from your life. Do you think she would have wanted you to suffer alone, all the time?”

Before Tae could say anything else Jungkook replied, “Then why did she leave me behind? Death seems better than this pain.” 

Tae was not here to console Jungkook, he was here to clarify his feelings, “She never left you. She is with us every time, probably trying to heal you from afar. Trust me Jungkook, nobody is trying to replace Jiu Noona, we are just trying to keep both of you happy. Since she loved you, her happiness depends on you too.” Jungkook stared at his face like a little boy and Tae got a chance to continue, “You don’t have to wear our ring in your ring finger, you can wear the one you bought for your wedding with her. Our vows will be different but still don’t disrespect the marriage. I will always be a husband that you deserve and in exchange all I want is your happiness.”

Jungkook felt the stone on his heart was suddenly lifted; he felt a relief and hugged Tae for understanding him so well. Tae smiled but it held more sorrow than tears could ever hold; how long will he be able to show the world his smile, how long will he be able to live with a paining heart, knowing that the person he loves the most, will never love him back!

Author's note: A long update! I wanted to break it in parts but then I thought, the couple needs to come clear to each other soon, so I ended up writing a lot. Hope you like this chapter.