Heart for Him

Tae stared at the orange sky drenched by the last hue of the setting sun and he was missing a certain someone. He met Jungkook a week ago and he was curious about what was happening behind his back. He has been staying here alone with the house help and a bunch of security staff and nobody knew anything about Jungkook. He had no contact with Jin or Jhope and all he could do was play and take care of the puppies. Bored, frustrated and restless, Tae decided to vent his anger by punching the air. 

“Hey, hey bear, calm down. Is there anything wrong?” a familiar voice brought him out of this trans. He rushed back to find Jungkook looking hot as always and Tae would probably not deny that he was drooling at the sight. He also blushed at the nickname he just got.

“No, no, there is nothing particular. The babies are sleeping and I am bored. That’s all.” Jungkook came near him, increasing his heartbeat. “Why do you smell like a liar?” These words of Jungkook made Tae blush in the darkest shade of red. Tae does not want to let Jungkook know how he feels… Jungkook behaves friendly and affectionate towards him, but also often talks about Jiu. Tae can do nothing other than feeling jealous of her. He can see Jungkook’s love reflecting in his eyes and he feels devastated. He fears, if Jungkook knows about his feelings, he might stay away from him. 

“Are you hungry? Then come with me, I am going to have an early dinner. I have something to talk about.” Kook’s words confused Taehyung. This tone of his voice means he is worried about something and that is related to Tae. He followed Jungkook to the large dining area, where he had never come before. A familiar painting caught his eyes and he could not stop smiling like a fool. He tried to hide his smile and quietly watched as the dinner was being served. The dishes looked delicious and he was so ready to devour them, but his worries were holding him back.

“Jungkook, you were about to tell me something.” Jungkook could sense a fear in his  voice, “Actually, I have some good news to share with you. Jimin hyung has gotten back to senses and he is doing quite well.  There is nothing much to worry about. Since everything is under control now, I wanted to take you to your mother. She is completely recovered now and is staying at Jin Hyung’s house…” Before Kook could complete his words, Tae squealed in happiness, “I am so happy. Jimin hyung is back! Thank God. And I will meet my Mum. I am so happy.” 

Jungkook has not seen Taehyung this happy since the day they started living here. He also smiled seeing Tae’s almond eyes turning in crescent and a big bright boxy smile on display. “Yes bear, it will take some time. In the meantime, you can do whatever you want. I will leave my credit card with you. Ask the head security person and he can arrange for you to go out.” Jungkook’s words wiped out the smile from Tae’s face. He is still not ready to come out of the house. He does not feel safe, “I don’t want to go anywhere. Can you please arrange for some colours and papers, so I can paint during my off-time?” 

Jungkook was really surprised; he never expected Tae to be interested in painting. “Ya. sure, I can. Do you like painting?” Tae got another topic of his liking to talk about and barely spent a second to reply, “yes, I love to paint and am also good at it. One day I want to have my paintings in an art gallery.” Jungkook also likes to collect art, and is a regular client of the art gallery of the Kim family. Namjoon often chooses paintings for Jungkook and sends them to him. He was really surprised at this point. “Okay? So how good are you? Seven-year old level good or pro-level good?” Tae pointed at the painting behind Jungkook and said, “That painting-level good.” Jungkook looked back to find the painting he bought a few weeks ago. He was fascinated by this painting of Autumn forest; the choice of colours, detailing and depth of background charmed him. He did not expect the painting to be a work of such a young artist. Taehyung noticed the surprise on Jungkook’s face and he said, “I can paint more of such if you want. I have many of these back in my house. I generally don’t sell my works and only sold the not-so-great ones to pay the debt of your father. This is one of them. ” 

“What? This is not-so-great one? Surprising! If you can create another masterpiece like this for me, I will give you anything you want.” Tae looked down with a smile, “Really, you will give me anything I will want?” Jungkook was very sure that he would do it, but Tae was not. The thing he wants the most is Jungkook’s love but will probably never get it. So he smiled and continued, “Can you visit me more often? I feel so lonely and have nobody to talk to other than the pups.” Jungkook stammered as he replied with a small yes. He was trying his best to avoid Tae because he was melting at everything Tae was doing. His selflessness, kindness and bubbly presence have brightened up his life and his guilt is gradually being washed out. But he should live with the guilt. He stared at Tae’s bright, happy, hopeful eyes and he said to himself, “I want to stay away from you, otherwise I might fall in love, again…”